Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: You guys probably see a lot of these
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's my current setup

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: Ideapad Y570
CPU: Sandy Bridge 2nd Gen Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.20GHz (Turbo Boost up to 2.66GHz)
Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2. TXT
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT555M 1GB GDDR5 (Intel HD3000 IGP disabled)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM 1333

I know that my machine probably isn't that great but I also know clockspeed isn't the absolute most important factor. As of now, I can run many games on Dolphin just fine; SSBM, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Soul Calibur 2, etc.

And yet, I don't know if I'm getting as much out of Dolphin as I can. As to what the best settings for this machine are, I don't know. Heck, I doubt I can even run LLE without a huge sacrifice, but then again, I could be wrong.

Current build: Dolphin 3.0-601-g-330f6ed [x64 L102 ICC Build by Lectrode]

Any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated.
(05-09-2012, 01:48 PM)nintendo_nerd Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my current setup

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: Ideapad Y570
CPU: Sandy Bridge 2nd Gen Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.20GHz (Turbo Boost up to 2.66GHz)
Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2. TXT
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT555M 1GB GDDR5 (Intel HD3000 IGP disabled)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM 1333

I know that my machine probably isn't that great but I also know clockspeed isn't the absolute most important factor. As of now, I can run many games on Dolphin just fine; SSBM, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Soul Calibur 2, etc.

And yet, I don't know if I'm getting as much out of Dolphin as I can. As to what the best settings for this machine are, I don't know. Heck, I doubt I can even run LLE without a huge sacrifice, but then again, I could be wrong.

Current build: Dolphin 3.0-601-g-330f6ed [x64 L102 ICC Build by Lectrode]

Any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated.

You say you're running those games fine, so what's the problem? What are you looking to do that you're currently not doing? what exactly do you want to know?

(05-09-2012, 01:52 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You say you're running those games fine, so what's the problem? What are you looking to do that you're currently not doing? what exactly do you want to know?

I feel that I could get even more out of this notebook, and even though those games I mentioned run well, others don't, like Sonic Adventure DX (granted, the game had weird framerate issues on the gamecube) which slows down to <30fps most of the time. While Mario Kart Wii runs fine on the courses, but the menus are sluggish. Do you think these specs can handle LLE audio at all? What else can I do to get a better experience? Games like Tales of Symphonia are as sluggish as heck when LLE.

It sometimes makes me feel that this machine isn't quite powerful enough to handle Dolphin.
(05-09-2012, 01:58 PM)nintendo_nerd Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think these specs can handle LLE audio at all?

Not a chance

(05-09-2012, 01:58 PM)nintendo_nerd Wrote: [ -> ]I also know clockspeed isn't the absolute most important factor
It does
An i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz can run most games full speed with LLE backend
So, my specs are crap then.
It can play many games fine without LLE
Nvidia GT 555m has a lower texture fill rate and memory bandwidth than a 9600GT . Therefore , it should handle 2.5x or 3x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x Anisotropic Filtering
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
As for your CPU , Turbo Boost :
_ 2.66 Ghz on 3-4 cores (1)
_ 2.8 Ghz on 2 cores (2)
_ 3.1 Ghz on 1 core (3)
Dolphin use 2 cores (2) , check option "Lock Thread to core" to raise your CPU clock speed higher
Good to hear. That means the CPU and GPU aren't THAT terrible....Now when I tried dolphin on my desktop at home, that was a different story (Core2 Duo E8400).
One last question, is the build I'm using the best one for overall speed or are there better ones?
try rev.6505
should give you in an performance increase
but instability in a few games
i don't recommened using old revision
(only for games which are 100% compatible)
So that means my specs aren't THAT bad, then?
Pages: 1 2