Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Major Dx9 GFX Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi There, ive been having some major graphical issues on dolphin whenever i use the Dx9 Backbend, when i change to OpenGl or Dx11 the issues are gone but the game becomes too slow for me to play comfortably.

also if i use revision 2.0 the problem is gone and the game works perfectly but i would rather not use an outdated build as its a little unstable and slower than 3.0

i posted this same problem here - Google Code Project Issues

please note that the problem is not solved like i say it is at this link, i had just made an exited mistake, hehe, my bad.

here is a link to a video to show you exactly what problems im facing, any help is appreciated. - Youtube - Dolphin GFX Issues

Pls post your settings of the Direct3D9 graphics settings. And try to reinstall the DirectX runtime and/or update your GPU drivers.
What DefenderX said. There's no easy way to know how to help you if we don't know how Dolphin is configured. Click the Graphics button and report what you have set in the General, Hacks, and Enhancements tabs. Also, note the rules on making threads here.

Quote:Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help.
WOW! That was a fast response! thank you!

sorry, my bad, posting my settings should have been an obvious thing to do, ill attach my settings.

just to let you know, Ive tried probably every setting combination you can imagine.

also i updated my drivers when i first had this issue (details in the link from my first post)
thx again.

EDIT: HAHAHA I forgot to attach my settings! sorry just give me a second

2nd EDIT: those shots of my settings say im using dx11 but im also using the same settings for dx9, sry
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23078
You CPU might not work well with dolphin
okay... much to do for you.

Uncheck:
* OpenCL Texture Decoder
* Disable Fog
* Disalbe Lighting
* Crop

And set the IR to 1x or 1.5xIR (i don't think, that your ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 can handle 2xIR). Try it out! And after all, set the backend to Direct3D9.

btw: Your CPU is pretty weak... You won't get fullspeed in most games.

Wow! you guys are awesome! i never expected to get so much help so quickly, Thanks!

ill try those settings and report back in a minuet, also i know my CPU is crap, hehe, i would upgrade it but im using a laptop, i can live with it though, i use pcsx2 and stuff alot so i know what speed to expect, ive been using dolphin for a while too and i find the speed bearable, also im not sure why you gave me a link to that other thread as i dont have the same cpu as that guy.

thx again, ill report back soon
i tried those settings and the problem still persists, im getting a much better fps now though! (full speed) thanks, any more ideas? like i said, dolphin 2.0 doesn't have this problem so im thinking mabye a new feature was added in later revisons causing incompatibility with my gpu? just guessing though
Try the newest git version of Dolphin -> http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

If ya can still see no improvement, i suspect, that the problem is your GPU - It's really weak and outdated in my opinion.

btw: 1.400 posts
Ok thx, ill try it.
just out of curiosity, why is it called GIT?
are they insulting me? haha xD
also if its my GPu, do you have any idea why revision 2.0 works? or why Dx11 works, or why i dont have this problem with anything else? oh well, thx for the help, ill try it out and post back soon
Since some months, Dolphin has used git instead of svn. You can google those two words if you don't know their meanings Wink

Quote:also if its my GPu, do you have any idea why revision 2.0 works?
2.0 is outdated and your GPU too Tongue

Quote:or why Dx11 works
I don't know either. This is pretty odd
Pages: 1 2