Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Miis have become uneditable.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
yay, many thanks to rdragoon, who has just implemented the feature to set a fixed MAC-address (release 3.0-811), by which this problem should be gone forever now! Big Grin

i've now also found a working solution to "re-own" existing Miis. (Be sure to install Dolphin 3.0-811 or higher and set a fixed MAC-address in the dolphin.ini first! And also be cure to backup your Dolphin User-folder first!)
  1. Make sure at least one of your Miis is editable in the Mii Channel. If not, create a new one.
  2. Download Mii Extractor and unzip the files anywhere (e.g. Desktop).
  3. In Dolphin select "File" > "Open" and choose the file "mii-extractor_v1.dol", which you have just unzipped.
  4. Now the Emulator is launched and after some seconds a "Health and Safety Warning" appears with "Press A to continue". You can now close stop the emulator / close the window.
  5. Download, install and launch WinImage .
  6. In WinImage select "File" > "Open", navigate to "<DOLPHIN-DIR>\User\Wii" and select the file "sd.raw".
  7. You should now see a folder-tree to the left including a folder called "miis". Right click this folder, choose "Extract", and then choose any folder on your hard drive (e.g. on the desktop). This should extract all .MII files into this folder. Keep Winimage open as we need it again later on.
  8. Download AJ's Mii Editor and extract the files and launch "Mii Editor.exe".
  9. In "AJ's Mii Editor" choose "File" > "Open Mii.." and open the first of the .MII files you have extracted to a folder. You should now see the name and data of the Mii you just opened. (If an error message "Mii is marked as invalid" pops up, just ignore and close it.) Continue this, until you have opened the .MII file of a Mii you were able to edit in the Mii Channel.
  10. Now copy the characters in the field "System ID" to the clipboard.
  11. Next open every single other .MII file and overwrite it's System ID with the one from the Clipboard and save it. Now every Mii should have the same System ID as the one from that Mii you were able to edit.
  12. Change back to WinImage and make sure, the folder "miis" is listed in the folder-tree and the .mii-files are visible. Next click "Image" > "Inject..." and select all your newly saved .MII files. Acknowledge the following dialogs and hereby replace all the files. Now close click "File" > "Save" and then close WinImage.
  13. Launch the "Mii Channel" in Dolphin an erase every single Mii. Then close the "Mii Channel again.
  14. Download Mii Installer (v 1.1) and unzip the files anywhere (e.g. Desktop).
  15. In Dolphin select "File" > "Open" and choose the file "mii-installer_v1.1.dol", which you have just unzipped.
  16. Now the Emulator is launched and after some seconds a "Health and Safety Warning" appears with "Press A to continue" again. You can now stop the emulator / close the window. Dolphin might also crash at this step, but as far as i can see, the procedure works none the less.
  17. If you start the "Mii Channel" again now, all your Miis should be back and fully editable.
  18. You might have to reassign the Mii's to your save-records however (e.g. in Wii Sports Resort). Just follow the steps from Tomkun above (Steps 3-7 of course).
Quote:by which this problem should be gone forever now!
Just note that the default behavior is still the same as it was before. A mac address still needs to be added to the .ini manually if you want to make sure this problem never occurs.
Heya guys! I'm glad I've found this because I also have that issue.
Now, before I can follow that instruction above to 're-own' my Miis I have to manually set a fixed MAC-address in the Dolphin.ini.
Sorry for this n00bish question but what exactly could that MAC-address look like (or does it have to be some specific one?), and is there already an entry where I have to put it (like, BBA_MAC?) or do I have to make a new one (and if so, what is it called, exactly)?
Thanks!
Last try... anyone? :/
Edit - was only thinking about what is stored in mii file, there are twice as many, but only the last 3 bytes are unique per wii
Mac addresses are 6 bytes (12 hexidecimal digits)
it is stored in dolphin.ini section "General" name "WirelessMac"

you will need to figure out the old address and use it or modify your miis to have the new address
here is the info for individual mii's
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

wiibrew is having issues so I can't find the mii data base file info
it is in /shared2/facelib/
(05-27-2014, 09:15 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]Mac addresses are 3 bytes (6 hexidecimal digits)
it is stored in dolphin.ini section "General" name "WirelessMac"

you will need to figure out the old address and use it or modify your miis to have the new address
here is the info for individual mii's
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

wiibrew is having issues so I can't find the mii data base file info
it is in /shared2/facelib/

Heya, first of all thank you very much for answering, especially on my birthday ^_^
Unfortunately I'm still not sure what I have to do. Putting in a fixed MAC address is the first step to the above describtion on how to get my Miis back to being editable.
So, are you saying if I can figure out the old address under which my Miis were created I won't need to do all those steps mandark described? But how do I figure out my old MAC address? Is it even possible?
updated to fix some typos, additional steps
the system id he mentions should be the mac address
grab a copy of this file
'/shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat' limited info here>http://wiibrew.org/wiki//shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat
open it in a hex editor and locate the name of any mii
use the offsets here to find the mac >http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote/Mii_Data
find the start of the name
u16 name[MII_NAME_LENGTH];
add 10 20 (bytes) (MII_NAME_LENGTH)
u8 height; // 0 - 127
u8 weight; // 0 - 127
u8 miiID1; // Unique Mii identifier. Seems to increment with time. Also can
u8 miiID2; // be used to change colour of Mii Trousers (see 'See Also' links)
u8 miiID3;
u8 miiID4;
Another 6 bytes to get to the checsum below
u8 systemID0; // Checksum8 of first 3 bytes of mac addr
another byte to the mac address, copy the hex digits
ie F007A3
u8 systemID1; // mac addr 3rd-to-last byte
u8 systemID2; // mac addr 2nd-to-last byte
u8 systemID3; // mac addr last byte

use this and replace the last 6 hex digits in the WirelessMac
so you'll start with
00:17:ab:CC:CC:CC
change to
00:17:ab:F0:07:A3 (as found in your mii)

BUT if there is more than 1 mac address (look at multiple mii's)
you can change them all to the same one, grab the first one in the file (all 4 bytes of systemid [8 hex digits])
--Use the last 6 hex digits as above-
and replace it in every mii. when you are done, compute the checksum and replace that.

use the checksum listed on wiibrew mii page, from start of db to 0x1F1DD
write the checksum hex digits to 0x1F1DE 0x1F1DF
Thank you very much! And sorry, because unfortunately a lot of what you are describing is a bit too magical for me :/
If (and only IF) it's a quick and eays thing for you to do, could you check out that MAC address for me? I'll upload my RFL_DB.dat
well that was a bit more of a pain than I thought

you had a few different mac's I set them all to a new one, it was also necessary to fix the checksum of the database, fortunately the algorithm is on wiibrew

add the following to your dolphin.ini

[General]
WirelessMac = 00:17:ab:44:84:21
Pages: 1 2 3