Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My computer specs are :

GTX 570 No OC
AMD X4 955 Black Edition @3.2GHz
A 750W Power Supply
ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard

Will I be able to run games smoothly? For example games like Xenoblade, Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country Returns with no problems? BTW my windows 7 is 32-bit.
(04-09-2012, 12:41 PM)Ihaa Wrote: [ -> ]My computer specs are :

GTX 570 No OC
AMD X4 955 Black Edition @3.2GHz
A 750W Power Supply
ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard

Will I be able to run games smoothly? For example games like Xenoblade, Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country Returns with no problems? BTW my windows 7 is 32-bit.

My evaluation.

Graphics Card- Spectacular, basically every game will run at 4x native.
Processor- For most Wii games? About par.
For the games you listed?
Unfortunately, those are some of the most demanding games in dolphin, even on HLE audio.
Based on my own experiences, an i5 2500k overclocked by a healthy amount is needed for these.
Overclocking will help, but you won't consistently get full speed in those games.

(I don't, and my processor roughly equals a phenom 2 x4 clocked at 3.8-4.1 ghz.)

If you can afford a 570, you may be able to afford a 2500k.
Otherwise, overclock or play other games.
Or just play on the Wii.
Or whatever, your choice.
Damn =/ See I just tried Pokemon XD assuming it wouldn't be a high demand and I got around 20 FPS which was a big let down. If overclocked on stock, I heard you can reach 3.8 but would 3.6 GHz be sufficient for at least pokemon at close to full speed?

Haha nahh I made this system to max out pretty much all games on PC atm while not going over a 700 dollar budget. I was saving for a really long time to get myself one of those XD But getting a intel now would mean I would need a new Motherboard too and that would simply cost too much money. Let alone buying a new CPU.
(04-09-2012, 01:36 PM)Ihaa Wrote: [ -> ]Damn =/ See I just tried Pokemon XD assuming it wouldn't be a high demand and I got around 20 FPS which was a big let down. If overclocked on stock, I heard you can reach 3.8 but would 3.6 GHz be sufficient for at least pokemon at close to full speed?

Haha nahh I made this system to max out pretty much all games on PC atm while not going over a 700 dollar budget. I was saving for a really long time to get myself one of those XD But getting a intel now would mean I would need a new Motherboard too and that would simply cost too much money. Let alone buying a new CPU.

In that case overclock to whatever you feel comfortable with using on a daily basis and let the good times roll.
(And look up some guides, too.)

Pokemon XD's a bitch man. HLE runs full speed for me, but LLE is slow in the most inconvenient places.

I can't overclock so I'm SOL on the tougher to run games.
(However, the list of games I can run at full speed is probably very high, about 70%.)
(04-09-2012, 01:42 PM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2012, 01:36 PM)Ihaa Wrote: [ -> ]Damn =/ See I just tried Pokemon XD assuming it wouldn't be a high demand and I got around 20 FPS which was a big let down. If overclocked on stock, I heard you can reach 3.8 but would 3.6 GHz be sufficient for at least pokemon at close to full speed?

In that case overclock to whatever you feel comfortable with using on a daily basis and let the good times roll.
(And look up some guides, too.)

Pokemon XD's a bitch man. HLE runs full speed for me, but LLE is slow in the most inconvenient places.

I can't overclock so I'm SOL on the tougher to run games.
(However, the list of games I can run at full speed is probably very high, about 70%.)

Haha okay hopefully everything will be working Smile)) Thanks for the help!!
No problem.

Loool, I'm basically in the opposite situation,
strong CPU, relatively weak GPU.
One thing I did to increase the frames by around 5-10 per second was use the JITIL experimental compiler Big Grin It is slightly off-topic, but does that compiler send more info to the GPU rather than CPU to speed up the process depending on other people's computer builds? The game specifically that I tested was Donkey Kong Country Returns which went from 30 frames per second to around 35-40 with some dips to 30 but ive only seen one and it probably happened because of other applications.
No, the (re)compiler is entirely the CPU, as with most of this software.
JITL recompiler performs slightly better with 32-bit operating systems
JIT = slightly faster on 64-Bit operating systems
JITIL = slightly faster on 32-Bit operating systems

Pages: 1 2 3