Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Firstly i just wanna say what a great emulator this is,thank you and keep up the good workHeart

Just one question here regarding wii resolutions,it looks like it still running on its native res although i've set the resolution much higher(1920x1080) in the gfx settings.Gamecube games seems to run at that resolution but not with wii.

I've tested Zelda Twilight Princess for both wii and gc version and gc version definately looks superb from the wii version because of the higher resolution graphics.So is this normal for wii or is it just me?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

idkmybffjill

So what's the question..
My apologies about that as i think i've said it already.Anyway the question is why wii games doesn't look as good as gc games in terms of applied resolution?Thanks.
twilight princess on gc looks better because it was released later than the wii version. They had more time to refine it compared to the rushed wii version.
Try turning native resolution off. Native resolution adjusts display screen to the games. In other words, you can control resolution by turning native resolution off.
Actually native resolution is already off as i could see the result(higher res) with twilight princess for the GC.It's like the wii game runs in its native res(640x480 or something like that) and strected in 1920x1080 screen unlike GC version which runs in true 1920x1080 res.I've only tried twilight princess at the moment and i'll try other wii games later on and see if its the same.Thanks guys for the input
(06-25-2009, 04:32 PM)jinsatoemo Wrote: [ -> ]Actually native resolution is already off as i could see the result(higher res) with twilight princess for the GC.It's like the wii game runs in its native res(640x480 or something like that) and strected in 1920x1080 screen unlike GC version which runs in true 1920x1080 res.I've only tried twilight princess at the moment and i'll try other wii games later on and see if its the same.Thanks guys for the input

So your display is stretched while actual resolution value is smaller?
try re-installing dolphin, it worked for me Smile
what do you mean by "re-installing"?
i don't believe dolphin came with an installation disc?

gcp111

(06-26-2009, 09:16 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean by "re-installing"?
i don't believe dolphin came with an installation disc?

He means re-extracting. Rolleyes

AFAIK there is an installer too Tongue
Pages: 1 2