Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: save data or state from GC to wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the GC version of Zelda TP saved data. I'd like to resume on the wii, possible?
I know that the only way a real wii can handle gamecube data without being hacked is via gamecube memory cards, so if you mean a real wii then you'll need to put a memory card containing the data in the top. If you want to resume it on dolphin, then there may or may not be a way to make the save data compatible.
In this case I'm ok with using it in dolphin.
there is nmm which can use sd card for gc saves, (only some games) or gcmm/ctr-gcs (by Daco) which all can be used to go back and forth with gci save files (export from memorycard manager)
I found the wiki on Daco, but I only see an xml and dol file, no application? Fo kixk I tried running this dol file in dolphin but it just gives a black screen.

ok this is driving me nuts I found these

GCMM
NuGaSa
Gamecube_Saver

All of them make a boot.dol file, all give black screens. I'm obviously missing something here.

the dol is the application to run on your wii (you will need a gamecube memorycard, third party for best results). To get the save from dolphin open tools> memory card manager; open your memory card, select the save to export and click export to gci.
place the gci on your sd card and the dol in the correct location for your homebrew setup (usually SD:/apps/<appname>/boot.dol
ah, makes sense now.
Do you mean you want to play the wii version with your GC save?
(03-12-2012, 06:04 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean you want to play the wii version with your GC save?

I had assumed that he meant he wanted to continue the GC game on his wii; if this was wrong, what I was describing will only work going from a gc game on dolphin to a gc game on a gamecube/wii.
afaik there is no tool currently available to convert a ztp save for gc version to wii version
"Do you mean you want to play the wii version with your GC save?" Yeah but I'd like to play on dolphin. Looks like I can do as LPFaint99 said then import to dolphin, but it would be nice to convert it all on the PC.

Pages: 1 2