Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How much will this handle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i5 2400
4 GB 1333 MHz RAM
Intel HD 2000
Games I'm going to play:
SMG2 with no sound
Mario Kart
SSBB
What IR will the HD 2000 handle?
May be barely do 1x IR or even less than 1x IR
You can increase to 1.5x or 2x but that will slow down the FPS
(03-01-2012, 11:06 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]May be barely do 1x IR or even less than 1x IR
You can increase to 1.5x or 2x but that will slow down the FPS

A few gamecube launch titles can do 2x IR with no slowdown.
From my personal experience, Pokemon Colosseum and Sonic adventure 2 battle do it gracefully. Everything else runs on native. OR LESS.
It's too bad that this is only because my hdd and gfx card are doa. Sigh. Does anyone one know how to compile dolphin on linux?
PLEASE, if you can go with Windows 7.
You'll gain ZIP with Linux.

I'm just thinking of your own good here.
lol im only using linux until my hdd gets fixed
booting off a live dvd is sooooo slow. Sad Curse that dead hard drive
(03-03-2012, 09:43 AM)pwnedatdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]lol im only using linux until my hdd gets fixed
booting off a live dvd is sooooo slow. Sad Curse that dead hard drive

That's good to hear, Windows 7 rules and plays the games nicely.
Most Linux distros are fine for Dolphin. I haven't had any trouble so far, and I've been using Dolphin for almost two months now.

Even so, I hope you're not considering playing Dolphin from that Live DVD. :p Frozen molasses would move faster than that.
(03-03-2012, 10:07 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Even so, I hope you're not considering playing Dolphin from that Live DVD. :p Frozen molasses would move faster than that.

Actually I'm not quite sure about that, once the libs are loaded into memory it shouldn't cause much of a performance hit.

@Gabriel Belmont if you don't want to use linux that's just fine, but please stop spreading FUD about it. Dolphin runs nicely on linux.
(03-03-2012, 11:41 AM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I'm not quite sure about that, once the libs are loaded into memory it shouldn't cause much of a performance hit.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not used to having so much RAM available now. I'm still thinking in terms of my old desktop, which had less than 1GB of RAM.

Still the process of getting Dolphin on a Live CD/DVD seems to me like it would be more trouble than it's worth. You'd have to find out if the distro comes with all of the necessary libs (pretty sure most don't), and then somehow incorporate any missing ones into the Live CD/DVD's environment. I don't know exactly how you'd do that though; I've never tried to install packages or software while using the Live CD/DVD as an OS.

Assuming they aren't already loaded, I don't know how well Live CD/DVDs handle loading of proprietary drivers for GPUs either, though in a case like pwnedatdolphin's it's usually not relevant for Intel's IGP. Building Dolphin would require some kind of storage (HDD or even USB stick), to save the files, but you'd need that anyway to load any ISOs. Just making sure all the right libs are there (every time the compuer boots, no less) would prove to be the biggest headache. So I guess I'll amend my statement.

I hope you're not considering playing Dolphin from that Live DVD. :p It'd just be one big PITA.
Pages: 1 2