Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hi guys I'm new and I have a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I just got into the whole emulator scenes a few days ago after coming across Hyperspin. I've gotten a few emulators to work such as Project64 and NullDC, they work absolutely fine I'm playing Shenmue and Powerstone no problem.

I'm now trying to get Dolphin to work and it does... just. Games run just fine until I actually get into the gameplay, Mario Kart Double Double drops to 18-20FPS/30% speed in game and Baten Kaitos runs at 15FPS/50% speed. I've tried everything I can think of, I've downloaded numberous builds, tried many different settings but I've no idea how to get it running at normal speed all the time.

Here are my specs, please let me know if it's capable of playing these game... I runs NullDC fine.
[Image: 2m5nngy.jpg]
[Image: 21dfkg8.jpg]
It is not capable of running games fast enough.
NOOOOOO!!!!! But thanks for letting me know, I'll stop trying to get it to work now, been up almost 24 hours D:

What would i need to upgrade to be able to? Also so it's capable for Wii games.
You need a 2 core CPU.
I'm sorry I don't know much about computers other then using them... you mean a duo core?

Is that all?
Any 2 core CPU but stay away from : Atom , Celeron , Pentium D 、athlon 64 (Sand Bridge Celeron isn't that bad but i don't like the name Celeron)
Before upgrading CPU , check your motherboard if it support Core 2 duo or not (Use CPUZ and give us screenshot about your mobo)

no "duo core" is an intel brand...
we are speaking
about CPU's
with 2 cores or more...

yes thats all
pentium 4 is an outdated cpu.
bye
i3 2100 and a good LGA1155 Mainboard would be pretty good.
Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it :*D

I'm a noob when it comes to hardware.

[Image: 2h3wzr4.jpg]
Yeah , i3 2100 + Z68 mobo will rape Core 2 duo
It cost more though it's worth every penny you pay

@Powerfool
Yes that mobo support Core 2 dou

2 options for you :
_Get E5800 = E7500 < E6800 then regret it later : why game xxx,yyy,zzz run too slow . But most game should be ok (mario Kart DD should run full speed)
_i3 2100 + Z68 will blow away every game except those demanding game : Mario Galaxy , The Last Story ....
Pages: 1 2