Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Latest Version of Dolphin Causes Burr in Wind Waker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi am am to to Dolphin.

I am playing Wind Waker and have a weird problem.
See for yourself:

Dolphin 3.0-421(latest)
[Image: new.jpg]

Dolphin 3.0-155
[Image: old2.jpg]

As you can see it looks much better in 3.0-155
All of my configuration and graphics settings are the same on both builds yet I get this pixelated look from far away in the latest build. Anyone know why?
(02-20-2012, 05:09 AM)SigmaInigma Wrote: [ -> ]All of my configuration and graphics settings are the same on both builds yet I get this pixelated look from far away in the latest build. Anyone know why?

Yes, because your settings and backends are not the same.
Why would an emulator update make the game worse?
(02-20-2012, 05:28 AM)SigmaInigma Wrote: [ -> ]Why would an emulator update make the game worse?

That's the point it didn't.
Actually, there is a known problem since the texcache-cleanup merge; for some reason, under certain circumstances the emulator behaves as if scaled copies were disabled.
Guess I should just stick to the older build for now then?
I suggest upgrading to the latest build available before the texcache-cleanup merge (whatever that is).
(02-20-2012, 05:35 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, there is a known problem since the texcache-cleanup merge; for some reason, under certain circumstances the emulator behaves as if scaled copies were disabled.

Well then I take it back Big Grin, I blame SS XD
(02-20-2012, 05:43 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest upgrading to the latest build available before the texcache-cleanup merge (whatever that is).

That worked, thanks!
(3.0-377)
oh btw, your aspect ratio is broken, in case you didn't notice. ;p