Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: failed to build dolpin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I am trying to compile Dolphin myself by following the steps in here:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/Windows_Build

I am using Visual C++ 2010 Express. But after following carefully all the instructions I get several errors during the build process.

Here is my build log.

[attachment=7400]

Anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Right click VideoCommon>Properties>C/C++>Language>OpenMP Support>No.
That disables OpenMP texture decoding. Alternatively, you can download Windows 6.1 SDK and install that to get omp.h.
Thanks for your anwser. Your suggestion removed the error related to omp.h but the build is still not working.

Same number of fails as before: 18 succeeded, 6 failed

Here is the new build log:

[attachment=7401]

I have Windows SDK v7.1 as recommended in the wiki.

(02-15-2012, 04:04 PM)chos Wrote: [ -> ]What are the advantages and disadvantages of making your own builds?

The average user really has no need to compile their own builds unless you're working on code. New builds are easily found in many places these days. That shouldn't sway you from learning how to do things, if you want to, though.
Yes! The reason why I want to compile it myself is to be able to add some patches.

And finally I succeeded with the build Smile

I just had to add the git location to the path variable in the system.

And now is coming my second question: I am failing to apply a patch with TortoiseSVN. First of all I am not sure in which folder I should apply it. Is it in the father directory of the whole project? Or in the Source directory?

No matter where I try to apply it, I always get an error from TortoiseSVN. Something like "...dolphin_emu' is not a working copy"

Any advices?
(02-15-2012, 04:46 PM)griguolcomerranas Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! The reason why I want to compile it myself is to be able to add some patches.

And finally I succeeded with the build Smile

I just had to add the git location to the path variable in the system.

And now is coming my second question: I am failing to apply a patch with TortoiseSVN. First of all I am not sure in which folder I should apply it. Is it in the father directory of the whole project? Or in the Source directory?

No matter where I try to apply it, I always get an error from TortoiseSVN. Something like "...dolphin_emu' is not a working copy"

Any advices?

Maybe it's because you're using svn to apply a patch to a git repository? ;p
Quote:Maybe it's because you're using svn to apply a patch to a git repository? ;p

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. But I have no idea why it is wrong. I am totally new at this and trying to learn.

Can you tell me what is the right way to apply a patch to a git repository? Where can I find information about it?

Thanks!
(02-15-2012, 02:40 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you can download Windows 6.1 SDK and install that to get omp.h.

Wait, so if I do that I can compile with OpenMP?
(02-15-2012, 11:26 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2012, 02:40 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you can download Windows 6.1 SDK and install that to get omp.h.

Maybe...
I don't know the details.
(02-15-2012, 11:26 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.
Pages: 1 2