Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Two graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im using the radeon 6740g2 which has both the 6620 from the a-8 cpu and the 6650 too but dolphin only detects the 6620. My computer uses switchable graphics. Could this be why my games run on low fps (skyward sword, brawl, galaxy 2)? Can this even support multiplayer for games like brawl or mario kart wii? Thanks
(01-30-2012, 07:28 PM)thanush Wrote: [ -> ]Im using the radeon 6740g2 which has both the 6620 from the a-8 cpu and the 6650 too but dolphin only detects the 6620. My computer uses switchable graphics. Could this be why my games run on low fps (skyward sword, brawl, galaxy 2)? Im using the recommended revision from each game threat with proper settings too. Can this even support multiplayer for games like brawl or mario kart wii? Thanks

Go to "Catalyst Control Center" (similar to Nvidia Control Panel) and add dolphin to "High Performance"
then go back to dolphin and select the 6650
Click on battery icon , choose "Power Plan" = "High Perfomance"
[Image: c02911242.jpg]

Dolphin - Use Directx 9 instead of Directx 11 backend
Should gain a few more FPS but don't hope much . Your CPU bottleneck your GPU

Update : AMD 7000 series is known for having idle issue with Dolphin when you use Directx 11 backend
For more info : http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rad...11-backend
cpu as in the a8 3500? I thought it was on par with at least the i5.
i have put it on high preformance already, the 6500 isnt there = /

No because dolphin only need 2 cores + high CPU clock speed (>= 3ghz)
Plus the i5 has the better architecture
About the GPU i think you should PM Starcream , he has the similar laptop to yours
Don't worry that it doesn't list the better GPU, it still uses it when games are running. Your CPU is the issue. What speed is the CPU running at when games are running?
heres a screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/pnahP.jpg the cpu is quad core at 1.5 ghz and usage is about 60%. i now realize u overclocked your laptop. My laptop is a few weeks old and i was suggested on another forum not to oc a laptop as it ruins its life and prob the warrenty. Do you think i can kick it up to 2 ghz w/o overheating or any problems?
I don't advise overclocking at all. As far as I know, your laptop is supposed to boost over 2.0GHz by itself as mine is, but they both seem to not be doing that. I had to force mine to do it, I run at 2.3GHz (the normal boost speed) when using Dolphin and sometimes go up to 2.6GHz for a short period of time, but it gets too hot to play like that all the time.

Either way, Mario Galaxy is never going to run well on these laptops, so you can forget that game. Try other games instead.
I wish dolphin could use the 4 cores and not two, so disapointed =/ but at least i can get gamecube games working. Do you suggest any games? Can you get any of these working on 1.5 or 2.3 ghz?
twilight princess
brawl
kirby epic yarn
New Super Mario Bros
I can play TP well here, but I'm forcing 2.3GHz, that's why. NSMBW is full speed too.
NSMB is fullspeed? I have a processor based on the same arch and higher clock speed and it doesn't run fullspeed on the PAL edition! Yay for damned GPU bottlenecks.
Pages: 1 2 3