Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lowest Specs & Highest Specs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone! I'm a new member to this forum, and would like for everyone to post their specs here to see who has the lowest and the highest! I trully believe mines are the lowest and my games run at decent speeds! And I want to see who has the highest specs and also in addition to the people who have high specs, could you give a little info about if some games dont work for you? My specs are in my signature, I will provide more info, if someone requests it. Big Grin
I don't see why you can't go through everyone else's profiles and just look at their specs, but I guess I'll bite. My desktop's in my sig/profile, but here's my weak laptop. Your laptop probably runs faster than mine simply because yours isn't bottlenecked as much as mine by the GPU.

Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2.16GHz | Intel GMA X3100 | 2GB DDR2 | Slackware Linux 13.1 x86

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle gets up to 20-25 in certain parts. Time Splitters 2 runs pretty well 45-50. Everything else chugs away at 12-15 FPS, in slow-mo.

For my desktop, I get fullspeed in all the games I've tried (e.g. that does not include SMG or any other Wii titles). I was experiencing slight slowdowns in ToS, but that was just my settings. I changed them, and now it's fullspeed everywhere, even with LLE.
Wow! You sure have a nice Desktop Specs! Exclamation As for your laptop, it seems to have slightly better specs than mines, because unlike most........I did some major tweaking to my laptop to make games run sort of normal on it.Tongue I used to have that slow motion from games like in the Matrix style! But now my games play as they should! AND NO I DIDNT OVERCLOCK MY LAPTOP! NO ONE REALLY SHOULD UNLESS THEY KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY DOING!Exclamation
In my signature, you can see the specs of my notebook.

I can run all my games in Fullspeed (except SMG 1+ 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy)
Quote:I was experiencing slight slowdowns in ToS, but that was just my settings. I changed them, and now it's fullspeed everywhere, even with LLE.
Lol, yeah, same for me @ stock-clocks in battles when people cast and talk a lot.The only thing I did was enable LLE on thread and it went fullspeed ever since.

My specs are in my profile, but for your convenience I'll put em here:
CPU Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz ~ 4.8GHz (soon 5GHz)
GPU AMD Radeon HD 6870
RAM 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz

Every game I played so far went fullspeed. (Does not include the famous Mario Galaxy titles... yet...)
Will update this post when I have.
I don't quite get the purpose of this thread. Why amass a slew of fragmented infos when the wiki game pages have neat and tidy user info on hardware requirements.
Quote:I don't quite get the purpose of this thread. Why amass a slew of fragmented infos when the wiki game pages have neat and tidy user info on hardware requirements.
I agree, however, it seems that most users can't seem to find the Wiki.
It will surely be useful as people stumble upon this page by search and see similar systems.
From 2009 till now , Ocean has the highest specs in the forum (Dolphin : i7 2600k > i7 980X)
I didn't see a wiki for this, if you know the link can you post it please or private message me it?Big Grin The purpose was to see mostly everyone's specs and information about what kind of PCs they use and if even the ones with highest specs had issues with certain games. And as for Senior Member named Ocean. I checked their profile, and couldn't see their specs in his/her profile. As for your specs Admin89, they seem awesome! And is your OS in the beta stage or is that a full version of Windows 8?Smile
In his signature : I7 2600k @ 5.0Ghz , Nvidia GTX 590 Lol
I'm using Windows 8 Developer Preview 64 bit (Pre-beta).Download here
My specs are just middle class pc , nothing special . If Ivy Bridge laptop was cheap , i would buy it otherwise waiting for haswell next year
Pages: 1 2