Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How shall dolphin run with
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With.

Intel Pentium 4CPU 3.2ghz.
1GB RAM.
ATI Radeon x600.
don't do it. It just won't work at playable rates.

gcp111

It would be painfully slow. You should wait until you upgrade.
(06-21-2009, 04:28 PM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be painfully slow. You should wait until you upgrade.
my ass
i run shit half speed with my 3Ghz P4 (that has HT)
im guessing he should have 1-5fps more then me Tongue
(06-22-2009, 01:35 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2009, 04:28 PM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be painfully slow. You should wait until you upgrade.
my ass
i run shit half speed with my 3Ghz P4 (that has HT)
im guessing he should have 1-5fps more then me Tongue

wtf am i doing wrong then?
idk about your graphics card, but 4CPU isn't that a quad?
Dolphin requires Dual Core.. Correct me if im mistaken
pentium 4.

goku262002

So what are the offical requirements for running dolphin then? can it only be runned on one of those super powered gaming computers?
Requirements can typically be expected to be around or close to the requirements you need to run Pcsx2 decently. Also the Gamecube and Wii are more powerful systems than the PS2, I'm not sure if they are more complex than the PS2.

I know on an AMD Athlon 64 X 2 3800+ Pcsx2 runs about half speed or less than half speed with most 3D games, games on Dolphin such as RE Remake ran anywhere between half and almost full speed, RE4 never went above 6 - 10 FPS on Dolphin.

A Pentium 4 on Pcsx2 would lag like heck, even an AMD64 X 2 is not sufficient enough, I honestly can't imagine a Pentium 4 being able to run anything on Dolphin decently either, unless it's a 2D game or a game with a very minimal amount of 3D geometry.

goku262002

So in other words no normal computer can run it at 100% without socking $100s in upgrades or buying one of those $4000 gaming computers. not worth it honestly to run wii and ngc games on PC but it sounds like a nice idea sucks ill never get to experence it.
Pages: 1 2