Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crash at clearing code cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KingofKoopas

Hello. I'm currently running dolphin 3.0 and I'm having problems. I'm trying to emulate a few gamecube games such as crash bandicoot and windwaker, but the emulator always crashes on clearing code cache. It tries to start and then freezes with a CTD.
The thing is, this is only happening with when I chose to run the game on Direct3d9 and 11. The emulator works perfectly with OpenGL, but OpenGL runs to slow for me. even with everything on lowest, I was barley getting 30 fps on crash bandicoot. I'm running a EVGA Geforce 560 Ti. I've updated my drivers, re-installed net framework. I"m assuming this is directx related however, as I can't update directx via the windows updater.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Full system specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Gigabyte motherbord. (not sure of name)
EVGA Geforce 560 Ti latest drivers
Directx 11
8gb ram
Intel i5 750
Download and install the latest directx runtimes or web installer.

KingofKoopas

(01-19-2012, 11:14 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Download and install the latest directx runtimes or web installer.

Everytime I try to install I get

"An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem."
What setting of your TEXTURE CACHE accuracy?
try re download and install another copy of dolphin.
but if you get that message sounds like your windows is messed up?
try copy that error message to google and find a solution.

KingofKoopas

I had a previous version (2.0) working with DX11 before. I was reading and I think this has something to do with Sonic Generations and direct x. What installer do I use to update DX11? I can only find one for DX9.
(01-22-2012, 05:18 PM)KingofKoopas Wrote: [ -> ]I had a previous version (2.0) working with DX11 before. I was reading and I think this has something to do with Sonic Generations and direct x. What installer do I use to update DX11? I can only find one for DX9.
just download the end user runtime it will automactically update for you

KingofKoopas

(01-22-2012, 09:42 PM)22029206 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2012, 05:18 PM)KingofKoopas Wrote: [ -> ]I had a previous version (2.0) working with DX11 before. I was reading and I think this has something to do with Sonic Generations and direct x. What installer do I use to update DX11? I can only find one for DX9.
just download the end user runtime it will automactically update for you

As I've said multiple times, I've done this and it just gives me an error.
Well that's what you need to do to fix it and we don't know why it's giving you that error.
google should help you.
If you really can't fix if, reinstall windows

If you somehow sure its just the web installer don't work for you,
google 'directx offline installer'