Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Running Slowly on Good Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sharvey2308

So guys, I'm getting kind of frustrated. I've been trying to get a few games to run well for the past 4 days or so, but to no avail. Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. None of them run well. SW and BG run at about 40% speed, and the Zelda's run at about 80%, but have a lot of slow downs randomly.

I have tried to get them to work using all different kinds of performance things possible, but to no avail. They run the exact same whether I have the graphics way up or way down (with the exception of having to run TP at 1x internal resolution). From what I've read, my computer should be able to run them perfectly. Can anyone help me here?

My specs:

Operating System - Windows 7
Processor - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ (Overclocked to 3.2 GHz)
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 6870
RAM - 8 GB DDR3
64-bit OS using 64-bit version of Dolphin 3.0-370
(01-16-2012, 08:52 AM)Sharvey2308 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've read, my computer should be able to run them perfectly.

You heard wrong, no (current) computer can.
You're not going to run some games well, period. You say you've tried all kinds of settings, yet you fail to list them? If you don't list what settings you're using, how is anyone supposed to help you?

Sharvey2308

I suppose "perfectly" was a poor choice of words. I meant something like "just fine." Such as I've watched videos of people playing with my specs at playable speeds. I've included what settings I'm currently using, and apparently Twilight Princess is running at 100% speed, with slow downs, such as when I'm in the twilight, it's about 80%, which is why I thought it was that in my original post.

I have turned everything down to performance settings, such as no AA, no AF, lower resolution, disabling fog and things like that, but it always runs exactly the same. Good framerate, low speed.

You're not seeing any speed increase by lowering graphic settings because your CPU is your bottleneck, not your GPU. Think about overclocking your CPU or upgrade to something better, that's the only way to get more speed.

Sharvey2308

Woops, settings didn't show up. Here they are:

[Image: DolphinSettings.jpg]
They showed.

Sharvey2308

Oh. They didn't show on my computer. I'm failing at this. So my CPU is the bottleneck? I figured it would be fine. Well that's too bad. Thanks for the help.
You can try using the Direct3D 11 driver as well. It's no guarantee it will perform better, but it will have some differences sometimes. (Got an extra 15-20% speed on DKC:R for me)
WW should be running at fullspeed.
TP should be running close to fullspeed.
Baldur's Gate won't run anywhere close to fullspeed on that cpu.
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter I have no idea.

Check your cpu temperatures. If they are fine then you will definitely need a cpu upgrade. You can also try overclocking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4