Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gaming-ish laptop for Dolphin and such?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, my familys going on a long trip this summer, and seeing as I have about $150 left over from xmas gifts and other things, I figure I'd start saving for a good laptop. I don't want anything insane, as I've already got this huge baby making machine (see sig for specs) but I'm looking for something I can multitask on (obviously) and that has a good enough dual core CPU to play most gamecube games on Dolphin, and maybe a few Wii games. (And also, an average GPU I can play Sonic Generations, Garry's Mod, CS:S and the like on - not very intensive games) I was previously looking at the first generation ASUS G73sw as Newegg was selling them for $650 at some point, however they're now somehow up to $860, so that's out of the question. Basically, I'm looking for something under $700, preferably around $500 or so that I can do all this on - what do you guys think would be the best options?
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 M556ZGE for 600 Euros.

Specs are in my signature. I can really recommend this notebook, it runs almost all games @ fullspeed.
(01-15-2012, 11:03 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 M556ZGE for 600 Euros.

Specs are in my signature. I can really recommend this notebook, it runs almost all games @ fullspeed.

Man, that looks really sick. Could you link me to a site selling it or something though, as I can't find it anywhere.. Amazon has Z570's but they're all sucky i3 with integrated graphics xD.
Well, this notebook is/was a special configuration only avaiable at MediaMarkt (German electronic shop).

Yesterday, it was still avaiable, but today, it's sold out ._. Maybe you can find it in Ebay, i dunno
(01-16-2012, 04:24 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834230133
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834215197

Best rating notebook

Bleh, I swear I remember those being like $200 cheaper too.. Why are laptop prices going up?
Thailand flood -> HDD price went up -> Laptop price went up
But 200$ cheaper ? Are you kidding me ? Unless it's second hand or refurbished laptop or missing a dedicated GPU

(01-16-2012, 05:08 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Thailand flood -> HDD price went up -> Laptop price went up
But 200$ cheaper ? Are you kidding me ? Unless it's second hand or refurbished laptop or missing a dedicated GPU

I remember that specific Acer from you posting it somewhere else being $498 xD. And it really hasn't went back to normal by now? :/ Kinda sucks because I was gonna get a new HDD around the time of the flood too lol, $80 for internal 2TB went up to like $300.
jeah maybe 498... but not with that configuration...
i5 2430m = 225$
Nvidia GT 540m + Motherboard = 175$
14-15.6" LED BL screen = 100$
Laptop case + Battery = 75$
Wifi card + Built-in Webcam + Built-in SD card reader = 30$
Total cost for a new laptop (without 2.5' HDD price ) : 605 USD no less . That laptop must be a refurbished one or 2nd or the older gen i5

Pages: 1 2