Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game doesn't start, no error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. I'm a first-time installer looking for some Mario-type action.

I currently have NO Mario-type action.

I downloaded all the stuff the suggestion pages said to download, I grabbed CleanRip for the Homebrew Channel, and I dumped the game as an ISO file into my computer. I'm stumped.

When I try to run it, it gives me a black screen with yellow text that says my CPU, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2. Then it gives me the path I used to get to the file, and then it tells me it's
"clearing code cache
Dolphin Direct3D9 Video Backend"

And then nothing. On a possibly related note, the banners for the games I've downloaded are red x's on a black background. Does this mean that the dump went bad? How do I fix this mess? And I'm sorry if the answer is dumb. I'm new at this.

Thanks, y'all.
Yeah, try to redump.
Sorry everybody, I forgot the important info that helpful folks need to help folks.

Help...folks...folks. Yep.

I've tried to run both Skyward Sword and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. My CPU is an Intel Core i5 2300, according to CPUID. I've got 2 dual-core NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Graphics cards running on an AlienWare rig with Windows 7. It's sort of a baby's first cool computer for cool kids. According to the top of the Dolphin window, I'm running 3.0 -371.

I don't know enough about the settings to be able to tell you the ones that matter, but I have Dual Core and Idle Skipping enabled, JIT Recompiler, and "auto" for frame limit. I set Backend to Direct 3D9, and the resolution is at 1680x1050. The aspect ratio is set to "auto", I'm running in the main window, and the internal resolution is 640x528. If there's any other info you need, let me know. I'd love to help you help me help whoever. Folks.

Bye!
Thanks for the alarmingly fast reply, sir. I've tried to redump both games 2 or 3 times now on a few different settings with no discernable difference. I tried setting Dual-Layered to both on and off, and I did it at both MAX chunks and 1GB chunks to try to get a different reaction. It says that the .ZIP files are invalid when it asks me to run the Redump.org DAT file, but I have literally zero amount of idea what that means? Is that the problem?

That's the problem, isn't it? Hmm...
Don't download the dat files, that site was closed years ago. I dump fine without them. If you've dumped that many times it may be a Dolphin issue.
So what's the procedure on that, then? Should I just un/reinstall and see what happens? I grabbed the link at the top of the download page; should I try another one, or is the problem somewhere else?

Thanks again for the help and the quick replies.
Sorry for all the double posting; just got a bit of an update if anybody has any ideas for me.

I'm reasonably sure the ripping works when I set Dual-Layering to "no"; otherwise it locks up at 55% every time. I load it up onto my SD card, move it to my computer, and Dolphin recognizes the file (still no banner, I don't know if that's significant). Then it bricks in the same spot, no matter what. I tried uninstalling Dolphin and grabbing a different version, the same version again, whatever I could think of, and nothing.

I know I'm nagging, but I'd really like to get this fixed, because I haven't seen anything similar in the common errors and fixes threads: they usually have error messages or something. This just stops. Thanks again; any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Much appreciated.
What Dolphin revision are you using?
only set dual layering if you have a dual layer game
If revision can be found under the "about" option under "help", then my revision is a giant string of random numbers and letters that I can't make sense of, reproduced here for posterity:

Dolphin 3.0 -371-dirty
Branch: master
Revision: 79ca43226cfa5363bf6826d14c9518c7b26f6078

All the revisions that they mention on the main page and the wiki are 4 digit numbers. The line I found is...somewhat more than that. I hope that's what you need. If not, let me know where to look and I'll get back to you as quick as I can.

Thanks.
Hey all. I can't find the revisions on Mamario's page unless they're the same things I've been downloading this whole time. I checked Xtreme's mirror too, just to see if downloading a recent revision would do anything at all. I tried 7436, which was the most recent one I could find, and it didn't do anything. I'm starting to feel bad: I don't even have an error message to call my own. Dolphin's just like

What? Did you want something? You're bothering me.

I even tried the age old technique of smacking my computer and poking it in just the right place. Nothing. I'm getting con-frustrated over here. Also, I'm still sorry for clogging up the forums every few hours. I'm just upset.

Thanks again, guys.
Pages: 1 2