Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game doesn't start, no error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go to config --->display and make sure panic handlers is enabled, this may bring up an error message if it crashes again
Zee, I tried what you said; it was already enabled, so no luck there. I like the username, by the way.

HOWEVER.

The plot thickens. Thinn-ens. Whatever.

Gamecube games work fine! Just used cleanrip on Super Monkey Ball 2, and it showed up with a banner on Dolphin. And then it ran. Joy!

Anyway, that leads me to believe, as a total pro, that it's a problem with ... something. I can use GC games but not Wii games. What does this new, startling information reveal about ourselves? Let us ponder this.
Answer these questions for me one at a time

1. Are you using your wii/SD card or a dumping program on your PC to rip the games from the disc?
2. Are you ripping the games to .iso format?
3. Please give a screenshot of all your settings as well as the main dolphin screen so we can see the X flags
4. Goto properties of any of the wii games (right click) not working and post a screenshot of the 'filesystem' tab
5. (Final hope) Delete the contents of the user-->shadercache folder
Wii games will not have a banner until they have created a savegame.

What is the filesize of your wii iso, i don't have the exact number on me but around 4.37GB if it is less than that and you have not compressed it with dolphin, you ripped it the wrong way

what are your cleanrip settings, what format is the drive you are ripping to (fat or ntfs), what chunk size are you using? (wii games are greater than the maximum file size on fat, choose one of the 1,2, or 3gb options.

assuming that you have used a fat drive and have multiple parts ie (game.part1.iso. game.part2.iso) combine them in cmd with
copy /b game.part1.iso + game.part2.iso game.iso
Ooh, numbered questions.

1. I'm using a Wii with Cleanrip to a FAT-32 formatted SDHC card.

2. The games show up as .iso files.

3&4. Posting two paint files as attachments. The first has all the settings; the second has the main screen and the 'filesystem tab'. There are about a million expansion + marks on the filesystem page. I wasn't sure what part you needed, so I kept them closed. Message me back if you need any of these magical folders opened. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Holding off until all the above stuff gets looked at by you fine people.

Thanks for the help.

LPFaint, the three parts of the wii file I ripped add up to 4.3something gigs, so I think I ripped it right. When I did the command line prompt you told me to try, I ended up with a file that was 320kb in size, which I imagine isn't right. Any advice on the command line front? Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't see it the first time I posted; I'm all about the double postings these days, apparently.
Got the files copied, now the screen goes to the "make sure you're using a wrist strap" screen before freezing. I should also note that the information in yellow text at the top of the screen doesn't disappear, and there's still a black tint over everything. If I minimize and remaximize Dolphin, there's only a black screen.

So I'm making progress. Next up: working games?

lets verify the md5 sum and size of your iso, assuming new super mario bros
there are many tools that can check md5 sum, here is one hashcalc
here is the information from redump.org
New Super Mario Bros. Wii.iso (NTSC)
size="4699979776"
crc="1cc03c30"
md5="05022377c66dcc13dd8308b333c202db"
sha1="aa7b134a7606435ddcd735f2964ebdecde38c2ef"
Hey, I checked out hashcalc on the .ISO I made for NSMB. It didn't have a "size" box, so I used the properties tab instead. My numbers are...different.

Size: 4,641,553,920 bytes
crc32: df7b4bd7
md5: e17b1d47dddef018bb2f3a13ad3eec59
sha1: 8862eb3af515f32b7104a8a6629f6fc9c5eb0eb6

Not a single one of those numbers are the same. I, obviously, have no idea what that means. Here's hoping you do.

Thanks again
i should have mentioned that if the size is not the same, the others will not match

do you happen to have the file SMNE01-dumpinfo.txt generated by cleanrip? it should contain the md5, crc32, and sha1 of what was dumped

do you still have the original chunks that cleanrip dumped, and do you remember what command you used to combine the files?
were the files in your command line ordered numerically?
(copy /b SMNE01.part0.iso + SMNE01.part1.iso + SMNE01.part2.iso + SMNE01.part3.iso + SMNE01.part4.iso SMNE01.iso)
Ah ha. I just checked the dumpinfo, and the numbers you posted are identical to the ones from the download. And I used the command syntax you just told me, but I must have done something different the second time, because I freaking got it! Just now. It's Mario time, y'alls. Thanks so much for your help, everybody. I'll come back if I have more questions.

Bye!
Pages: 1 2