Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 64bit Rc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i cant seem to get any of the dolpin builds to work with Windows 7, none of the 64bit verisons extract, and all the others that i do mange to download have joystick and wiimote errors

anyone want to download a 64bit verison, extract, compress and upload to megaupload? dolphin worked b4 perfectly, but i dont know what i did to mess it up
and whats wrong with the 64bit exe archive that is now online
info would be nice you know
Sounds like you need to update your DirectX version. Yes, for reasons beyond our normal amounts of disbelief, Win7 doesn't ship with the latest version of DirectX. You'd think it would, but nooo. That should fix your joystick and wiimote problems.

As for the archives not extracting, that's weird. Try the .exe version, it's a self-extracting 7zip archive (no other program needed), should solve the problem. Also, you should be able to run the 32bit version of Dolphin on 64bit windows without problems, it will just be a bit slower.

Be Happy.
lol i just realized that i hadnt played any majors games since my riad0 failed, the directx thing may be the problem thanks,

the .exe 64bit is the one i cant extract, but i dont think the speed difference will make much of a difference since im using a Core i7, thx ill try the 32bit
thats odd, before i couldn't extract the 64bit but could extract the 32bit, now its the other way aroundHuh, i guess thats better for me, but how does the verison of directx affect extracting a fileHuh

cmccmc

it doesn't
thx everything worksn, now thanks to gamefreck's advice, but i have one question. In Legend of Zelda Twilight Pricess come how hte left and right are switched? when i push left on the nunchack link goes right and vise-versa, its my first time using wiimote, so im i don't know its its normally like this or not

cmccmc

try switching them around in the config so that it seems normal
I was having the same issue and mapping the controls differently in an attempt to counter the problem yielded no change. The only thing that fixed it was disabling the bloom hack for ZTP.
Zelda TP for Wii is flipped from the GC version, and it uses a framebuffer trick to achieve this. If you have the EFB disabled it will render the graphics backwards, you need to have at least Copy EFB to GX enabled to play. (This doesn't affect the HUD, which can seem a bit odd.)

Of course, this does raise the possibility of playing it backwards anyway by switching the controls. Considering that no text is affected, I'm not really sure how this would work out.

Anyway, on the Wii version (I booted up my real wii to check this) during the Intro Link and Epona should start out on a bridge, and then ride off to the left of the screen, from the right. If it's the other way around, then it's not doing the flip proper and you need to play with your settings or suffer one. ^_^

-gamefreak
Yeah, I know it's flipped, but no matter what I did, unless I turned off the bloom hack, the left/right controls were reversed. Even changing the control mapping did nothing.
Pages: 1 2