Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin can't detect My Gefoce 540m With Optimus Technology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

fabiokavs

The emulator works fine but it cant detect My Nvidia GPU, i can select only my intel integrated card even if i switch to dx11.
Can someone help me? I cant play at 10 fps it is very slow.
I also tried to run dolphin with Nvidia control panel but it automatically switches to Integrated card.
Thanks in advice
This was answered in a previous thread called 'video card not recognized' (too lazy to search) always use the search function before opening new threads
Lol Zee, it's just a few threads under here.
Admin answered him there.

fabiokavs

Right, sorry ive already resolved the problem but i need someone with my similar Pc configuration to set up dolphin properly beacuse even if my GPU can run fine with 1.5x IR, my fps still low. I just need someone with this GPU so he can show me how he configured his Dolphin. My Cpu its 2.53Ghz i think is enough....no??
Hey, i have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M too and i can play, like you, at a resolution of 1.5x. But my FPS rate is most of the time the same. I think, the 2.53GHz of your CPU are quite ok.

Maybe you should configure your Dolphin with the Performance Guide -> http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

fabiokavs

I noticed that when i run the emulator, if i want to change graph settings it automatically switched to integrated intel card when in the nvidia control panel. Is it only a visual bug or it really changes card while the emu is runnning??

Arnony

hi

same problem here. same i5 same intel chip same 540m gpu

i upgraded to latest offical drivers and did the tweets on nvidias control panal and even some more stuff. doesnt work realy. meanwhile i have the situation that it seems to use the gpu at the beginning (NSMB 60fps) but then at some point chages the graphics and the same intro has 40fps.

i am so sure the problem is not using the 540m gpu. actually am downloading the latest beta drivers. will tell you progress but i'm also hopeing for your solutions and ideas.
(01-10-2012, 07:01 AM)Arnony Wrote: [ -> ]hi

same problem here. same i5 same intel chip same 540m gpu

i upgraded to latest offical drivers and did the tweets on nvidias control panal and even some more stuff. doesnt work realy. meanwhile i have the situation that it seems to use the gpu at the beginning (NSMB 60fps) but then at some point chages the graphics and the same intro has 40fps.

i am so sure the problem is not using the 540m gpu. actually am downloading the latest beta drivers. will tell you progress but i'm also hopeing for your solutions and ideas.

you sure its not just overheating? because if you get good fps from the start instead of a consistantly low fps then it should be using the nvidia GPU

my previous laptop had optimus and it wasn't on the options (just said intel) but i got the fps boost from the GPU anyway

Arnony

you are right!

it is a overheating throttering problem. if the gpu is used and ges over 75degrees celsius teh cpuclocks down to 800 mhz (!). it does show intel graphics but now im sure that nvida grafics is used really even when not showing this.

solution: i used throttlestop 4.0 to let the cpu run on 2.0 ghz forever instead of 2.9 ghz turbo and throttering to 800mhz. result was that is was working fine for minutes - but after this the notebook shut down itself immedeaelly because of overheating problems. ahrg. now i need to find a good cooler controller software
Pages: 1 2