Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Before I go out and buy the GC version of Twilight Princess could my PC handle it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Dell XPS 420
8800GT 512 MB
3 Gigs of DDR 2 Ram
and a Q6600 2.4 gigs

Everything else to me sounds find but I dont know if my PC will be holding me back or not. Does everything sound good though to run the GC version of Twilight princess? Thanks!
Your PC seems ok and according to the zelda tp thread, it runs better but there is no guarantee it will run enjoyable. I would recommend to buy a Gamecube from ebay with the game together. They are really cheap today and if you really want to play that game (considering your 3 threads about it you do) then thats the best way to go. Dolphin is still not really a alternative but that might change in time.
Thanks a bunch

cmccmc

actually you should be able to get around 50fps. That's pretty good considering full speed is 60
Full speed is 25-30fps, and you'll get variable speeds depending what part of the game you're at. Some places will be gloriously +fullspeed, overclock to 3.0 for best results. Other places, esp Hyrule Field, will slow down to a crawl but just bite through it, they don't last too long generally. Dungeons are full speed.

cmccmc

The noob with 26 posts is saying that fullspeed is 25-30 fps acting like i'm noob fullspeed is 50-60fps normally but there are a few small occasions when fullspeed is 25-30 fps
zelda TP with 2,4ghz ?
no way that can be fun.

it's not even anything near playable with 3ghz core 2 duo (quad is worthless for dolphin), so with 2,4ghz i dont see any chance.

if you really want to play that, i recommend AT LEAST 4ghz core 2 or i7.

problems are not only hyrule(10fps or lower) but also every larger place will drop to 12-15fps, like the first village.

dont know if it gets better later, i gave up messing around with the low speed.

Better get WindWaker, that runs pretty good in most places.

@ cmccmc :

zelda TP is fullspeed with 25fps on pal and 30 on ntsc. Some other games may need 50/60, but zelda definatly not.

WW also needs only 25 on Pal.
What about the biggest flaw that is constant, instead of something unstable like the FPS? The missing game audio due to Dolphin's inability to fully emulate the Wii's/Gamecube's DSP chip?? I haven't tried it myself but I know that Dolphin can't emulate audio for Nintendo games like super mario and zelda...
(06-19-2009, 12:31 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]@ cmccmc :

zelda TP is fullspeed with 25fps on pal and 30 on ntsc. Some other games may need 50/60, but zelda definatly not.

WW also needs only 25 on Pal.

Same thing happens with Sonic & the Secret Rings, full speed is 25 FPS here.
Problem is I have a dell, and you cant overclock them :/
Pages: 1 2