Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dump Frames to AVI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed a new option in SVN 3232 for frame dumping to an AVI video. But when I enable it I get an error message saying "Error dumping frames to AVI". Is this fully working yet?
You need to create a folder for it, forgot which one >_< But don't bother about it, it works really slow nad doesn't record sound still
\User\Dump\FRAMES

cmccmc

omg nosound doesn't know/remember something!!!
Apparently since many games don't run at exactly full speed, the only thing this seems to be good for is making animated GIFs or fake videos without sound. Tongue
(06-18-2009, 10:55 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]omg nosound doesn't know/remember something!!!

*facepalm* Useless posting from cmc
use Fraps ^^
Yeah... if only my HDD was fast enough. >.>
Not HDD, but probably CPU, I'm using Fraps for recording my Dolphin videos
Well the thing is FRAPS doesn't compress its videos in real time (probably to preserve game performance) and I get a lot of dropped frames because my HDD can't keep up apparently.

I also found a bug with the recorder.
I tried recording a clip of Sonic Heroes, but when I played it back I noticed everything moves faster than it should, yet the in-game timekeeper is running at normal speed! I don't know how to explain this one. I tried different video codecs and different core settings. Some seemed to have an impact, but overall the video doesn't work.

Darn... I was about to make a fake Wii HD hack video with this! Tongue Can the devs look into this? It doesn't seem like a very complicated thing to fix.
Pages: 1 2