Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dual gpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey new to this forum and new to using dolphin just waiting on a few games to come.

Did have a quick look through the search but couldnt see much.

Does it make a difference having 2 graphic cards.

System spec is as follows

intel i7 q720 1.6ghz
6gb dd3 ram
dual radeon hd5870 Graphics 1gb ddr5 on both

Its an alienware m17xr2 laptop i have running on 64bit windows 7

Is there anything that will let me down trying to run dolphin.

Windows has rated around a 7.2 score out of 7.9.

Sorry if questions like these get asked alot just want to know weather am wasting my time really or shall i be ok to play games like zelda mario and xenoblades there mostly what am looking into.

Thanks

Having two GPUs doesn't really matter when the CPU is to weak. 1.6GHz is way to low for Dolphin.
Since it's a laptop I find it hard to believe that any OC can be made to increase performance.
It does? I don't know. I have an integrated one and an offboard one, I use the offboard as main of course. But it doesn't do anything, maybe because the other one is integrated after all. I didn't look deep into the matter.
dolphin only using 1 GPU . Crossfire and Sli are wasteful
Thanks for your replies i mainly use my laptop for genereal gaming so the dual gpu are handy for that.

My cpu tho is quad core being 4 at 1.6ghz

i can run most modern games like dirt 3, skyrim, all at almost max settings so surly my cpu cant be that bad? could be wrong as im not 100 percent sure on what dolphin uses to run.
(12-05-2011, 10:30 PM)greg1040 Wrote: [ -> ]i can run most modern games like dirt 3, skyrim, all at almost max settings so surly my cpu cant be that bad? could be wrong as im not 100 percent sure on what dolphin uses to run.

NEVER compare a PC game with an emulator
Thats fine then apologies.

Nah , PC games have not any relation with emulation and dolphin only using 2 cores btw
Even if your laptop max out all PC games , it doesn't mean dolphin could run fullspeed with your spec
Dolphin performance mostly depends on CPU , very little on GPU (a fast middle class GPU should be enough) . Your best bet is getting core i5/i7 3ghz+
Edit : Try this to raise turbo clock speed upto 2.4ghz (2 cores)
I have opened up task manager but i dont have a details section.

I think i am in the correct place do ctrl alt and delete and start task manager from there?

By looking on the internet i am pretty sure my cpu can be turbo boost to around 2.6. i have been into my bios and turbo boost is enabled.

Thanks
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/In...20QM).html
Check CPU speed with "real temp" and that option is named "processes" in windows 7
Pages: 1 2