Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio lag introduced by LLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why did you close the other thread? That way I didn't have the chance to edit my settings in. Also, they doesn't matter in this case. I tried it on two different setups and the behavior was the exact same. So it should be a general LLE problem for all user. If it's not they can come in and say "NO MINE IS PERFECT" (which probably it isn't they just don't notice it...).

Anyway, here we go again, now with settings (which don't matter).

Hey there,

I have a feeling that LLE introduces little audio lag? Almost not noticable, but it's there. If you switch to HLE it's gone. Tested it with SMG2 and Zelda:TP. Anything to improve this? Already using xaudio2, that helped, but it's still not spot on.

i52500k @4.3GHZ
560TI oc
8GB Ram
Asrock Z68
Dolphin 3.0
Windows 7

Settings are standard, LLE, skip EFB access is enabled (faster), textures are on fast as well. No threads locked to core (it's faster). Framelimit on auto. 3x res without FSAA.
Hmm, but you get this "lag" you say even when running the game in fullspeed?

If not, then it's just because LLE is more hardware intensive and the game running in low fps makes it stutter.
Sure with fullspeed. It's not a lag realted to performance. Like I said I tested it on two different PC and audio setups and it was the same for both setups. It's gone as soon as I switch to HLE. I think it's a dolphin problem. It should be there for you too. Test zelda TP, throw a stone which ditches twice and you should hear a "thub thub" sound. With LLE that sound is just a little too late. Same in SMG2 when you get a coin or a star, but it's in a frame where it could also still be normal. But it isn't. In SMG2 it's noticable when you destroy a block like in 2D mario. It's just a bit too late.

EDITL:

Or check the sound in the menues in RE Remake. The sound it makes when you switch to another item. That's too late as well. Compare it to HLE and you'll notice.
Disable audio throttle.
(11-21-2011, 06:39 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Disable audio throttle.

It is disabled, that doesn't make a difference. I think that lag is part of the LLE plug in. I did so much testing and wasn't able to get rid of it despite choosing HLE.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3495

"For me the real "problem" of LLE is still some slowness and too much lag (especially with Dsound - meaning the time between the action and when you hear the sound)."

That's what I mean. And he's right about another thing. The Problem is even worse with Dsound compared to XAUDIO. With xaudio2 the lag is almost not noticable but still not gone. With DAudio it's pretty horrible.
yeaah dsound is crappy lately.
XAUDIO has lag as well. Is there really nothing you can do besides switching to HLE which isn't an option for SMG2?
You seem to have there a LLE issue, and thinking well I think I got that too, but I don't use LLE much. If everything is as you described, no, probably no fix at the moment.
Is anything known that LLE on thread causes crashing in Mario Galaxy 2? Because my SMG2 crashes sometimes... Sad
LLE on Thread isn't recommended at all, and I'm pretty sure it was because of crashing..
Pages: 1 2