Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SMG2 random crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I get random crashs on SMG2. They are not instantly, I can play for a while but after some time Dolphin hangs and I have to quit it via task manager. So far I didn't find any specific clue why this happens.

My specs are:

i52500k @4.3GHZ
560TI oc
8GB Ram
Asrock Z68

Settings are standard, LLE, skip EFB access is enabled (faster), textures are on fast as well. No threads locked to core (it's faster). Framelimit on auto. 3x res without FSAA.

Oh, and why is it that every revision I tested is actually quite some frames slower than 3.0? Besides the crashes 3.0 is running smooth but all revisions are quirky and slower...aren't they supposed to be better?
(11-21-2011, 04:59 AM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

I get random crashs on SMG2. They are not instantly, I can play for a while but after some time Dolphin hangs and I have to quit it via task manager. So far I didn't find any specific clue why this happens.

My specs are:

i52500k @4.3GHZ
560TI oc
8GB Ram
Asrock Z68

Settings are standard, LLE, skip EFB access is enabled (faster), textures are on fast as well. No threads locked to core (it's faster). Framelimit on auto. 3x res without FSAA.

Oh, and why is it that every revision I tested is actually quite some frames slower than 3.0? Besides the crashes 3.0 is running smooth but all revisions are quirky and slower...aren't they supposed to be better?
Use the latest rev, a change was committed that helps with those random crashes.
(11-21-2011, 07:12 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 04:59 AM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

My specs are:

i52500k @4.3GHZ
560TI oc
8GB Ram
Asrock Z68

Use the latest rev, a change was committed that helps with those random crashes.

But the latest rev is worse in performance... Sad Just tested it. I loose about 2 to 8 frames in cricital situations. It#s 202-dirty, isn't it?

Do you have LLE on thread enabled ?
If so, disable that, i have experienced the same thing
(11-21-2011, 07:19 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have LLE on thread enabled ?
If so, disable that, i have experienced the same thing

Actually yes...and that helped? But isn't it slower without it?
Not for me...
Thanks, I'll test it!
(11-21-2011, 07:42 AM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'll test it!

Sadly enough it's slower for me and I get more audio crackle with it disabled. Sad I just compard two or three scenes with it on and off.

EDIT:

Actually it makes the difference between a seamless, almost perfect experience and a shitty one with a constant audio distortions...

Sadly enough it's slower for me and I get more audio crackle with it disabled. Sad I just compard two or three scenes with it on and off.

EDIT:

Actually it makes the difference between a seamless, almost perfect experience and a shitty one with a constant audio distortions...

So the new revision didn't fix it...but say, could it be that it's somehow related to stars or certain soudeffects appearing?