Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will it run fullspeed on my pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, just wanted to know if this emulator would run fullspeed on my pc. I'm not looking to make the games look super amazing, as long as they at the very least will look and sound just like on the gamecube hardware I'm perfectly fine.

AMD phenon 9150e quad core processor 1.8Ghz (it WAS 2.4 ghz before but for some reason it lost 600 mhz when I got a new hard drive)

5 Gigs of RAM

Windows Vista home premium edition x64 bit

Nvidia GEFORCE 9400 (GF 9300 + GF 9200) (about 2 gigs memory and dac type, whatever that is, is integrated RAMDAC)
DirectX version 11

So yeah, it aint one of them super computers all you rich computer guys have lol.
Truthfully NO it will not run fullspeed.
1.8GHz should run painfully slow

couple of times i've seen threads where 2.5GHz is enough for less intensive games (mainly GC, some Wii) but most say 3GHz or more is recommended for any game

as for graphics, see here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
(11-07-2011, 05:00 AM)Damned Wrote: [ -> ]AMD phenon 9150e quad core processor 1.8Ghz (it WAS 2.4 ghz before but for some reason it lost 600 mhz when I got a new hard drive)

set energy management to full speed

Well that sucks Sad

I was kind of hoping since my computer was much newer than the gamecube and ps2 hardware when they first came out, that I could run the gamecube and ps2 emulators perfectly fine, guess my ancient machine won't work well with these emulators Sad

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till my pc breaks down and I have to buy a new one, then I'll make sure to actually, well, get a good pc lol.

But can this machine at least run expse and project 64?
ePSXe and Project64 wouldn't be any problems, they don't need a super computer to run.
Quote:(it WAS 2.4 ghz before but for some reason it lost 600 mhz when I got a new hard drive)

A HDD upgrade would not cause your cpu to suddenly change to a different model.

1.8GHz is the normal clock rate for that cpu, proof: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103287

Combine the low clock rate with the fact that it's a phenom cpu and you have yourself a very slow cpu (by dolphins standards, it's equivalent to a core 2 duo at 1.6GHz).

Quote:5 Gigs of RAM

That's a rather odd configuration. Either you have a 1GB stick plus 2 x 2GB or you have 3 x 1GB plus a 2GB.

Quote:Nvidia GEFORCE 9400 (GF 9300 + GF 9200)
DirectX version 11

Geforce 9200 does not exist and the geforce 9300 and 9400 are totally different GPUs. Neither of them support directx 11 so I know that's wrong. Run dxdiag (type it into the run box in the start menu) and give me the information in the system and display tabs.

Where on earth did you get this bizarre system if I may ask?
Thats exactly what I did to determine this in the first place.

As for the RAM, sorry, I made a mistake it is actually 4094 MB of RAM

Anyways, this is exactly what it gave me on the display tab

Name: NIVIDIA GeForce 9400 (GF 9300 + GF 9200)

Manufacturer: NIVIDIA

Chip Type: GeForce 9400 (GF 9300 + GF 9200)

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Approx. Total Memory: 2032 MB

Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Honestly, I've actually been playing around with the idea of buying PC parts from newegg and just getting a much better, far superior PC. This one is about 5 years old, and I'm tired of going to Best Buy and listening to them say how wonderful the graphics card is in a computer when the truth is that it is complete crap (Yes I bought my last two computers at Best Buy, the first one "ZOMG DUDE THE CPU IS A MONSTER ITS AMAZING LOLZ", the motherboard died, so I got this computer and I got "ZOMG DUDEZ THE GRAPHICZ CARDZ AMAZIN GOOD LOLZ). The only problem is I have never actually built my own computer, so I wouldn't even know where to start, nor how to build one. As for the cpu, I'm, guessing that HP must've overclocked it when I bought it, and the guy who installed my new hard drive must've dropped it to its original clock speed.

Anyways, about Dolphin itself, I heard it has GBA-Gamecube link cable connectivity, but I was wondering if the cable connectivity had support for if you had an actual game inserted into the GBA

For example, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle has an unlockable where if you collect all 180 emblems and then go the black market with Sonic Advance inserted into your GBA, Maria's theme appears as a buyable item. Can Dolphin emulate that?

I actually already have a Gamecube and a PS2, but I want to play these games on my PC just like all my other emulators. I know it seems silly but, I kinda just want to lol.

I also play other pc games so I would probably end up spending a couple grand anyway to build something epic.
[quote='NaturalViolence' pid='178399' dateline='1320616996']
Quote:Where on earth did you get this bizarre system if I may ask?

I've seen even more bizarre, a friend of myn god knows where he got his pc, it had 323mb of ram but the processor was about 3ghz, he used it to play games like GTA and always got fullspeed
Quote:The only problem is I have never actually built my own computer, so I wouldn't even know where to start, nor how to build one.

Everyone said that once upon a time before they did it. If you never do it you'll never learn. If you can build a lego kit you can build a desktop, just thing of the parts as legos with electricity running through them.

A quick google search on the subject reveals lots of helpful guides for newbies: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=kjrm...80&bih=930

My own personal list of instructions (it's easier than it looks): http://naturalviolence.webs.com/

Quote:Anyways, about Dolphin itself, I heard it has GBA-Gamecube link cable connectivity, but I was wondering if the cable connectivity had support for if you had an actual game inserted into the GBA

No. You need a GBA emulator.

Quote:I also play other pc games so I would probably end up spending a couple grand anyway to build something epic.

No need these days. You can build a top of the line desktop for about $1,200 and a good desktop for maybe $800. Even $600 is enough to build a desktop that will run dolphin ok.
Pages: 1 2