Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will it run fullspeed on my pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-08-2011, 10:36 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The only problem is I have never actually built my own computer, so I wouldn't even know where to start, nor how to build one.

Everyone said that once upon a time before they did it. If you never do it you'll never learn. If you can build a lego kit you can build a desktop, just thing of the parts as legos with electricity running through them.

A quick google search on the subject reveals lots of helpful guides for newbies: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=kjrm...80&bih=930

My own personal list of instructions (it's easier than it looks): http://naturalviolence.webs.com/

*Finishes reading page,Brain explodes*.

Could I just pay someone to do it for me? Like a PC repair shop or something? I know one close to where I live, and this guy was the one who installed my new hard drive in my pc. I know it sounds ridiculous and I heard a guy say he actually taught an 80 year old women how to do this, but I really,really don't want to end up ruining $500 PC parts...plus, the one time I tried updating my graphics drivers, I ended up un-installing my network drivers and ruining my PC. Plus Plus, I wouldn't know exactly all the parts I need, what the best parts are, what kind of cooling system, motherboard, case, and power supply to go along with my cpu to make sure my pc doesn't blow up into smithereens.

Funny thing though, I used to build and loved to build, Lego sets when I was a kid. I built them all the time.

Quote:Anyways, about Dolphin itself, I heard it has GBA-Gamecube link cable connectivity, but I was wondering if the cable connectivity had support for if you had an actual game inserted into the GBA

No. You need a GBA emulator.

So would that mean there is no way to access Maria's theme via the dolphin emulator by having Sonic Advance inserted into VBA? I'm a little confused by your answer.

Quote:I also play other pc games so I would probably end up spending a couple grand anyway to build something epic.

No need these days. You can build a top of the line desktop for about $1,200 and a good desktop for maybe $800. Even $600 is enough to build a desktop that will run dolphin ok.

Neato, thanks for the tips!!! If I were to build something right now, I would want the absolute best of everything there is. I really, really want to play PS1, N64, Gamecube, and PS2 on my PC. Obviously stuff like NES and SNES but even my hunk of junk can play that with no problems. Maybe even PS3 and X-Box 360 one day Smile

Oh and btw, I also found out via epsxe, my graphics card is called...

Nvidia GeForce 9300GE

Also, looking at my system tabs, it says I have 5.00 GB of RAM...so I'm not really sure what to think.

Funny thing is, with Epsxe, I get quite a bit of slowdown in some games when I try to turn the frame buffer effects to emulate everything in Pete's OpenGL2 pluggin. If I don't get slowdown, instead, for example, I get crazy pixelation and incorrect graphics transprency issues. Would that be caused because of that graphics card?

Sorry to pose so many questions to you violent, but the epsxe forums are pretty much ignoring my questions.
(11-08-2011, 12:52 PM)Damned Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2011, 10:36 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The only problem is I have never actually built my own computer, so I wouldn't even know where to start, nor how to build one.

Everyone said that once upon a time before they did it. If you never do it you'll never learn. If you can build a lego kit you can build a desktop, just thing of the parts as legos with electricity running through them.

A quick google search on the subject reveals lots of helpful guides for newbies: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=kjrm...80&bih=930

My own personal list of instructions (it's easier than it looks): http://naturalviolence.webs.com/

*Finishes reading page,Brain explodes*.

Could I just pay someone to do it for me? Like a PC repair shop or something? I know one close to where I live, and this guy was the one who installed my new hard drive in my pc. I know it sounds ridiculous and I heard a guy say he actually taught an 80 year old women how to do this, but I really,really don't want to end up ruining $500 PC parts...plus, the one time I tried updating my graphics drivers, I ended up un-installing my network drivers and ruining my PC. Plus Plus, I wouldn't know exactly all the parts I need, what the best parts are, what kind of cooling system, motherboard, case, and power supply to go along with my cpu to make sure my pc doesn't blow up into smithereens.

Funny thing though, I used to build and loved to build, Lego sets when I was a kid. I built them all the time.

Quote:Anyways, about Dolphin itself, I heard it has GBA-Gamecube link cable connectivity, but I was wondering if the cable connectivity had support for if you had an actual game inserted into the GBA

No. You need a GBA emulator.

So would that mean there is no way to access Maria's theme via the dolphin emulator by having Sonic Advance inserted into VBA? I'm a little confused by your answer.

Quote:I also play other pc games so I would probably end up spending a couple grand anyway to build something epic.

No need these days. You can build a top of the line desktop for about $1,200 and a good desktop for maybe $800. Even $600 is enough to build a desktop that will run dolphin ok.

Neato, thanks for the tips!!! If I were to build something right now, I would want the absolute best of everything there is. I really, really want to play PS1, N64, Gamecube, and PS2 on my PC. Obviously stuff like NES and SNES but even my hunk of junk can play that with no problems. Maybe even PS3 and X-Box 360 one day Smile

Oh and btw, I also found out via epsxe, my graphics card is called...

Nvidia GeForce 9300GE

Also, looking at my system tabs, it says I have 5.00 GB of RAM...so I'm not really sure what to think.

Funny thing is, with Epsxe, I get quite a bit of slowdown in some games when I try to turn the frame buffer effects to emulate everything in Pete's OpenGL2 pluggin. If I don't get slowdown, instead, for example, I get crazy pixelation and incorrect graphics transprency issues. Would that be caused because of that graphics card?

Sorry to pose so many questions to you violent, but the epsxe forums are pretty much ignoring my questions.

Damn it. Accidently posted most my responses to each of your responses in the quote by accident...
Quote:Could I just pay someone to do it for me? Like a PC repair shop or something?

Let me translate that: "Instead of learning some new useful skill, couldn't I just pay someone else to think and do stuff for me? I mean it would be a lot easier plus I wouldn't ever learn how to do it myself and would remain hopelessly dependent on "smart computer people" for the rest of my life. Did I mention it was slightly easier? I did right?".

Ok maybe that's a bit harsh but you get my point.

Quote:but I really,really don't want to end up ruining $500 PC parts

Well then ask yourself "am I so hopelessly incompetent that I can't succeed at something that millions of people (yes it's literally in the tens of millions, you can check if you don't believe me) do all the time". I would think not.

Quote:.plus, the one time I tried updating my graphics drivers, I ended up un-installing my network drivers and ruining my PC

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa-B90SwJAxJ8sfls6jlE...lzq7MI7Ggt]

How the hell did you do that on accident?

Quote:Plus Plus, I wouldn't know exactly all the parts I need, what the best parts are, what kind of cooling system, motherboard, case, and power supply to go along with my cpu to make sure my pc doesn't blow up into smithereens.

Sounds to me like you're just making excuses not to try because you're afraid of failure. That's not a good mentality to have in life. READ GUIDES and ASK QUESTIONS in online communities. There are tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people online that help people like you on a regular basis. Nearly every single online community no matter how irrelevant or small has at least a few of them.

Quote:Funny thing though, I used to build and loved to build, Lego sets when I was a kid. I built them all the time.

Everyone did, that's why I use that comparison so often.

Quote:So would that mean there is no way to access Maria's theme via the dolphin emulator by having Sonic Advance inserted into VBA? I'm a little confused by your answe

There probably is a way. You just need to use VBA instead of an actual GBA with a cable.

Quote:If I were to build something right now, I would want the absolute best of everything there is. I really, really want to play PS1, N64, Gamecube, and PS2 on my PC. Obviously stuff like NES and SNES but even my hunk of junk can play that with no problems.

Just remember that PS2 and GC/Wii emulation is still a work in progress so don't expect it to be perfect even on top notch hardware.

Quote:Maybe even PS3 and X-Box 360 one day Smile

That's a big maybe. I doubt it will happen for at least another 20 years. As hardware complexity increases emulator complexity increases. The PS3 and xbox360 have ridiculously complex hardware with lots of crazy features. What makes GC/Wii emulation possible is the fact that those consoles are still relatively simple compared to todays platforms.

Quote:Oh and btw, I also found out via epsxe, my graphics card is called...

Nvidia GeForce 9300GE

Probably a 9300i on an amd motherboard with an nvidia chipset.

Quote:Funny thing is, with Epsxe, I get quite a bit of slowdown in some games when I try to turn the frame buffer effects to emulate everything in Pete's OpenGL2 pluggin. If I don't get slowdown, instead, for example, I get crazy pixelation and incorrect graphics transprency issues. Would that be caused because of that graphics card?

No. The emulator plugin or the settings of the emulator plugin would cause those issues. As for the slowdown, I have no idea. I don't have that emulator and therefore I have no idea how they emulate it.

Quote:Also, looking at my system tabs, it says I have 5.00 GB of RAM...so I'm not really sure what to think.

Did you ever have someone upgrade the ram? If someone added more ram without taking the old ram out that would explain it.

Quote:Sorry to pose so many questions to you violent, but the epsxe forums are pretty much ignoring my questions.

They're busy, a much smaller/less active forum, and your question isn't very critical or related to the emulator. Asking lots of questions is ok, just be patient when waiting for an answer.

Quote:Damn it. Accidently posted most my responses to each of your responses in the quote by accident...

Just use the edit bottom in the bottom right of your post.
Pages: 1 2