Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Ive recently gotten the emulator and ive been having problems getting any games to work correctly on it my specs are
AMD Phenom™ 9750 Quad-Core Processor 2.40 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
64 bit OS
Radeon 5770 Graphics card
Dolphin 3.0 64 bit
Ive been using the recommended setup on the site and tried poking around a little myself but havent managed to do much for it

The actual problem is that no matter what game i play(even ones i know arent very graphically challenging) for some reason it plays really laggy and just clunky all together even when the fps reading is high. I could be wrong but i dont believe its my computer specs because ive played the same emulator with the same settings on a friends computer(whos specs are all worse then mine) and things run smoothly if theres any other information i need to put up plz tell me because im not entirely sure of all the things im supposed to put on here for help
Which games were you exactly trying to play and post screenshots of all settings
(10-22-2011, 03:05 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Which games were you exactly trying to play and post screenshots of all settings

mainly gamecube games like Skies of Arcadia Sonic Adventure 2 battle super mario sunshine for the most part and i also tried wii games like super mario bros and zelda twilight princess all seemed to have the same issue and here are the screenshots[Image: configj.jpg]

[Image: graphicsz.jpg]

Your settings look okay, you should get fullspeed in some games like sonic adventures, post screenshots of your DSP and general config settings, also try checking your temps
(10-21-2011, 03:02 PM)magoo2345@aim.com Wrote: [ -> ]even when the fps reading is high.

Also, what do you mean by this?
Well for starters your cpu is pretty poor as far as dolphin is concerned. A phenom cpu running at 2.4GHz is roughly equivalent to a core 2 conroe/kentsfield/wolfdale/yorkfield running at 1.8GHz. So I'm not surprised your games are running poorly.

Still we might be able to improve your performance a bit by recommending better settings. However the images you tried to post don't appear to be working. Try uploading them to another site then posting the url inside a [img][/img] tag.
[/quote]

Also, what do you mean by this?
[/quote]

i mean sometimes even when the fps is high it lags ill try to record a clip of exactly whats going on when i play something which ill put in another post and if u cant see the 2 pics i linked before it has all the settings including the general and the audio u might have to open the picture in a seperate page to see them clearly though
Which revision are you using?

I would expect you to have performance problems with that cpu. What you are describing seems perfectly normal based on your hardware. There is no way that your friend has a worse cpu than you and is still able to run those games smoothly.
(10-22-2011, 08:11 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Which revision are you using?

I would expect you to have performance problems with that cpu. What you are describing seems perfectly normal based on your hardware. There is no way that your friend has a worse cpu than you and is still able to run those games smoothly.

dolphin 3.0-139 dirty and i asked for his specs and he has a quad core 2.20 has a worse graphics card(cant remeber exactly what the name of it was i think radeon 5670) and only 4 gigs of ram and everything ran smoothly on his is it because my processor type is amd?
What SPECIFIC cpu does he have?

If it's a core 2 or core i series cpu running at 2.2GHz then yes it will be faster than your phenom running at 2.4GHz. Dolphin doesn't need more than 150-600MB depending on the game so anything more than 2GB of ram won't make a difference in terms of performance. Likewise dolphin isn't very demanding on the GPU, a 5670 is good enough and your 5770 won't show any benefit over it unless you set your internal resolution and SSAA REALLY REALLY high.

By the way you should be using dolphin 3.0
(10-22-2011, 11:04 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What SPECIFIC cpu does he have?

If it's a core 2 or core i series cpu running at 2.2GHz then yes it will be faster than your phenom running at 2.4GHz. Dolphin doesn't need more than 150-600MB depending on the game so anything more than 2GB of ram won't make a difference in terms of performance. Likewise dolphin isn't very demanding on the GPU, a 5670 is good enough and your 5770 won't show any benefit over it unless you set your internal resolution and SSAA REALLY REALLY high.

By the way you should be using dolphin 3.0

yes i am using dolphin 3.0 and if that is how things are is there any way that i would be able to improve things and actually make them playable at least?
Pages: 1 2