Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Huge slowdown in build 3404 (64-bit)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was using build 3300 which seemed to work ok, but using 3404 made things a lot worse. To put it simply: everything goes 1/2 the speed, maybe even less. I think that the idle skipping feature is broken again, at least in the 64-bit version I'm using, because either on or off it doesn't affect the emulation speed. I'm talking about having the same slowdowns in Brawl and Tales of symphonia, 2 totally different games... Anyone else experiencing these issues? Thanks.
For the the 64-bit version of 3330 had the wrong idle skipping. I got slowdowns with it on.

Now on 3402 it seems to be working correctly :\

Re4Pro

Same Happens to me, what happened with the new revs?, help please!!!.
Sry for my bad english
and you got the Bloom activated? :/

Re4Pro

I haven't activated bloom, because the effect is nasty to me, but i tested with such and have the same FPS, the problem isn't the effects, IS THE GRAPHIC PLUGIN.
Sorry for my english.

LuisR14

obviously the bloom effect won't have a speed impact since it's all handled by the graphics card, and besides pixel shaders are a speedy thing (since that's what the bloom effect is actually, pixel shaders Tongue)

Re4Pro

One question, somebody can fix the ProfiliedReJIT?, with this function i have a huge incrase of FPS, but all games crashes.
I've seen the same overall results. Pretty much every game I've tested like Sonic Black Knight, Tenchu 4, No More Heroes, Tales Symph 2 runs noticeably faster using ~r3300 OpenGL revisions compared to now ~3400 OpenGL... except for Madworld which I think was just broken back then.
Confirmed, i extracted the whole 3404 over my old Dolphin without overwriting any configs, everything is 1/2 slower.
Idle skipping seems not to work at all.
(06-15-2009, 12:44 PM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Confirmed, i extracted the whole 3404 over my old Dolphin without overwriting any configs, everything is 1/2 slower.
Idle skipping seems not to work at all.

So why does mine worker perfect where the olds one's didn't?