Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help! Sudden slowdown of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi I'm Hoping somebody can help with this strange problem. Lately I've been playing Xenoblade PAL on Dolphin, works great, save for a few crashes.

But when I tried to play today it Dolphin suddenly went from 25-30 fps on gameplay to 12-15 fps.

I did not update any drivers or anything, haven't changed any settings on Dolphin or my PC. It's just one day it's running fine and the next it's running like shit.

Tried it with numerous freshly installed revisions, but the same problem exists. It's all running well from start up, Title screen and loading screen. but when the game actually loads it slows down to about half it's normal speed.

I tried playing Twilight Princess on it but the same problem occurs, so I know it's not the Xenoblade copy I have. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

[edit: I forgot to say that PC games installed in the system are running fine]

my specs are:
Intel E7400 Core2Duo
Nvidia 9800gt 512mb (latest driver)
4gig ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

the revisions I've tried are
7719 (both 64 and 32 bit) 7714 (64&32bit) Dolphin 3.0 (64&32bit).

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance! Smile
Make sure efb to texture is being used.
(09-09-2011, 10:04 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure efb to texture is being used.

It is, i tried changing some graphical settings, turned off all enhancements and still very slow. it's so strange because just yesterday I'm playing it nearly perfect and now it runs like shit.
Raixhell, right-click the game in Dolphin and select properties, check the options there. I think V-BEAM emulation is enabled, I suggest you turn it off.
yup, i enabled it because xenoblade runs faster with it on, i'll try to change it and will post an update. Smile
unfortunately vbeam option on or off yields the same result- OK on title screen but once the game loads- fps plummets to 12-19. I don't know what else to try, I've tried nearly everything.. I've even reseated the graphics card and cleaned it's heatsink as well as cpu. anybody got any ideas to what's wrong?
Have you checked in the game property the Idle Skipping thing? When I updated to a more recent revisions, they had that thing turned off as default for this game, and FPS plummeted of course. Checking that will help but as I heard having that on will cause the audio stuttering thing.

P/S: I'm aware that the problem occurs suddenly, but the thing might have got unchecked for some reason, who knows? But Idle Skipping gains you a lot of FPS, so check it out. (It's also found in general settings, but remember that the settings in the game's property will override the general one.
Hi thanks for replying. Smile yes, I've checked the Idle Skipping, I've tried it both on and off, still the same result..
bump!
give us screenshot of game properties, general, audio and graphic config.
Pages: 1 2 3