Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dokapon Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

enchanter100

So I know wiimotes aren't supported in netplay.. Dokapon Kingdom can be played without one, after you get past the title screen. In fact, in the title screen you don't even need one, dokapon just has to have one "connected". So is there a code change or something that can be done to the source that simply makes netplay games think that a wiimote is connected? But not use it?

Another thing I tried was to get past the title screen and setup a game. Then save state.. But when I load both save states on both netplay machines, they go FIFO out of sync. Is save states even supported in netplay?
(09-03-2011, 02:21 AM)enchanter100 Wrote: [ -> ]So I know wiimotes aren't supported in netplay.. Dokapon Kingdom can be played without one, after you get past the title screen. In fact, in the title screen you don't even need one, dokapon just has to have one "connected". So is there a code change or something that can be done to the source that simply makes netplay games think that a wiimote is connected? But not use it?

Another thing I tried was to get past the title screen and setup a game. Then save state.. But when I load both save states on both netplay machines, they go FIFO out of sync. Is save states even supported in netplay?

No and no.

enchanter100

Well I give you 1 point for replying but 0 points for effort. Anyone else?
Loading savestates will break netplay.
You would have to change the code to allow wiimotes to connect when netplay is active.

enchanter100

(09-03-2011, 07:38 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Loading savestates will break netplay.
You would have to change the code to allow wiimotes to connect when netplay is active.

But there has to be a reason why they are not supported right? Also I wouldn't need it to actually connect or be used, just even if the game "thinks" they are connected would be alright. I don't know much bout programming at all but this shouldn't be that difficult. Anyone willing to take on the task?

Wiimotes are 39 times more complicated than gamecube controllers.
More work needs to be done to support them over netplay.

They are currently disabled during a netplay session because non-netplay-handled input would result in a desync.

enchanter100

(09-03-2011, 08:07 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Wiimotes are 39 times more complicated than gamecube controllers.
More work needs to be done to support them over netplay.

They are currently disabled during a netplay session because non-netplay-handled input would result in a desync.

I get that, I also really respect all the work that's been done in the emu.. one of the best emus i've used.

What I envision for this single game, since it only needs a wii-mote "connected", is some little line of code that perhaps tells the game that there is one connected but nothing else. Cause it's not actually used at all.. Literally as soon as you load or start a game, it doesn't even need connected anymore.

Was thinking, downloading a source and enabling the wiimote on netplay. But not actually pressing any buttons or doing anything on them. Once I get past the title screen, disable it. Is this possible?
It's possible.
Remove the netplay function calls which have been hacked into the various wiimote functions.