Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Distant textures overlapping in Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

barrma03

Hey guys - thanks so much for the amazing work with the emulator so far!

I'm having a weird issue in Zelda: WW where for some reason, no matter what bugfixes or settings I try to mess with on the dolphin wiki page, textures that are far off in the distance seem to flicker, wave and overlap with other objects as I move closer to them. I don't think this is exactly the same as the flicker bug that some people were referring to. Once I get up next to them, the effect stops - but everything in the background is messy and still persists.

It's kind of hard to describe, so I uploaded a short video to youtube showing what it is I mean. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! Smile
Here are my settings, if anyone needs them for reference. I'm using dolphin 3.0.

win7 x64
intel t9600 dual core 2.80 ghz
8gb ram
ATI mobility radeon HD 3650
rule of thumb: Uncheck all checkboxes in the hacks tab in the gfx config if you have an issue. use the safest texture cache setting + real xfb + efb copies to ram.

Anyway, i guess your issue is the per-pixel depth option. uncheck that box and you should be fine.

If that doesn't help, try disabling Catalyst A.I. in your gfx driver config.
That looks like the GPU MIGHT be overheating and producing artifacts as a result. But yeah follow neobrain's advice first to rule out settings. Although I am sure that this is NOT the per-pixel depth issue that you are experiencing.

barrma03

I FINALLY managed to disable my Catalyst A.I. (the new CCC panel doesn't give you the option so I had to regedit) and it works like a dream!! THANK YOU BOTH so much!!