Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my dream come true =o ?/Low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay,I'll try to make it as easy,as I can explain :

1st. My Computer is shit !

2nd. With my shitty Computer I want to run Dolphin.

3rd. Dolphin doesn't let me plaay my Games <.<...

So :

Because my graphic card doesn't support pixel shader,I tried to emulate it with the programm

"Swiftshader"

Dolphin still gives me a message(doesn't know what it means,but if you want ,I can post it here ^^)

and I get maximum of 5FPS

Some people on another site told me,I should try older versions of Dolphin,that don't (really) need the Pixel Shader as much as the newer versions.

BIGGEST NOTE IN WORLD :

I know,that my computer is crappy(so crappy,that I don't even want to post my requirments,but really,it's shitty),and I will never get something like 50FPS,I didn't wanted that !

The only thing I want,is something like 10-15 FPS ,live a happy live and don't disturb you anymore.

I'll say already thx .
And I appreciate every comment,really,every comment.

i think your only options are:
A. get a better VGA.
B. build your self a decent rig.
C. just play games on your wii or gc.
(08-10-2011, 02:43 AM)~Dust~ Wrote: [ -> ]Okay,I'll try to make it as easy,as I can explain :

1st. My Computer is shit !

2nd. With my shitty Computer I want to run Dolphin.

3rd. Dolphin doesn't let me plaay my Games <.<...

So :

Because my graphic card doesn't support pixel shader,I tried to emulate it with the programm

"Swiftshader"

Dolphin still gives me a message(doesn't know what it means,but if you want ,I can post it here ^^)

and I get maximum of 5FPS

Some people on another site told me,I should try older versions of Dolphin,that don't (really) need the Pixel Shader as much as the newer versions.

BIGGEST NOTE IN WORLD :

I know,that my computer is crappy(so crappy,that I don't even want to post my requirments,but really,it's shitty),and I will never get something like 50FPS,I didn't wanted that !

The only thing I want,is something like 10-15 FPS ,live a happy live and don't disturb you anymore.

I'll say already thx .
And I appreciate every comment,really,every comment.

Post your specs to be sure
Fk that pc then.
You'd still have to list some specs and the game you want to play for anyone to be able to tell you if you can get 10-15 fps or not. Anything lower than the specs in my sig is not going to work very well, though.
I'm above you, and I get 70-90% speed on a lot of GC games... :S
Well his processor is slightly faster clocked atleast, not sure what architecture differences are doing there. Looks like your graphics card is better but neither are really modern and I'm not too positive on the comparison. Even-ish I'd say =P

To the topic creator, this IS NOT A PC GAME. Running a game at 15 fps that was designed for 30 on the emulator means it'll be running at HALF SPEED. 15 fps for a 60fps means ONE QUARTER SPEED. If your computer is that bad you might get even lower. I don't care how much you love zelda, there is nothing fun about playing it at 30% speed when it looks worse than it would on a regular wii already. Buy a wii and play games on that.
This is not a competition here. I'm able to play a few games at decent speeds with this old rig, but not many. The point was that if he wants to be able to do "anything", having lower specs than the PC in my signature is not even going to be worth trying.
Ohh,first I even say thanks for all your answers ^^

Ok,you wanted my specs.So you get them :

Windows XP professional Service pack 3
256MB of RAM
Intel® Graphics Controller 82845G
Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz

First to say : I'll never buy a Dell computer again xD !

Then : I don't wanna say something wrong,but once I had a Dolphin version,I got like 1000%
speed(dunno which one anymore),by my currently one,I've got maybe 80-100% speed(sometimes falling) and 80VPS (for what stands VPS btw ?)

My only really problem is FPS..
sure : Emulation costs much more hardware than PC games.
Oh,yeah : I even tried something...
It's not like my whole Pc was lagging,when I ran Dolphin,I could easily go into Google Chrome without any lagg.

Definition : I think my Harware is almost okay for running like 8-10FPS (I hope so xD )
My only problem I think is,that my graphic card doesn't support the pixel shader 2.0
So,could U maybe upload a earlier version of Dolphin(I think like 1200...)
to let me look if it works better than ;D ?

Question : Why do you idiot don't just download it on the download page from dolphin ?
Answer : Dolphin always brings me to a new site,where is nothing,only some click me buttons like Download,News,Home etc...
But when I click on it ,nothing happens,is that normal ?

~Dust
Pentium 4 2ghz, give up on the emulator.
Pages: 1 2 3