Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Super Mario Bros Wii is SLOW, only getting 30% speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I'm completely new to Dolphin and I wanna play New super mario bros wii really bad and I just got everything downloaded and when I played the game the game is soooo slooow. I'm getting like 10-20 FPS and 30% speed. I didn't change any settings. And I'm using Dolphin 3D thing for my graphics. Idk how to check my specs, how do I do that so you guys can help me. All I know is that my computer is 3GB speed and like 300 GB space if that matters. And I have latest Direct X.

Also, a minor problem, when I entered the level select, some of the stuff is missing. I'll take a screen shot later. But I'm just trying to focus on making the game run faster.

Also, how do I configure the controls? Like I set Z as A and X as B and whenever I play the game, Z doesnt work to jump and I have to do Left Mouse Click for Jump. The Arrow Keys worked perfectly has the directional pad though.
Well first of all we're gonna need your full specs, or at least your CPU. Go to your taskbar and right click on computer and click properties (assuming you're running 7 - it'll work on vista too but you said you have the latest version of DirectX) under Processor you can see what CPU you have. Type that in here to tell us.

Also, to find your GPU (Graphics Card) you can go to the start bar, click Run (or, if you're on Vista/7 you can just type it in) and type in dxdiag.exe. Click Display, and under Device, tell us what it says after Name.
(08-01-2011, 05:55 AM)Ness Wrote: [ -> ]Well first of all we're gonna need your full specs, or at least your CPU. Go to your taskbar and right click on computer and click properties (assuming you're running 7 - it'll work on vista too but you said you have the latest version of DirectX) under Processor you can see what CPU you have. Type that in here to tell us.

Also, to find your GPU (Graphics Card) you can go to the start bar, click Run (or, if you're on Vista/7 you can just type it in) and type in dxdiag.exe. Click Display, and under Device, tell us what it says after Name.
I have
AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core M300 2.00GHz
I think that's my CPU.
And my graphics card is
AMD M860G with ATI Mobility Radeon 4100

So yeah, if you need any more info about my system tell me.
Your pc is too slow...
(08-01-2011, 06:18 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Your pc is too slow...

The thing is, it should be able to play NSMB faster than that. Have you tried lowering the settings?
(08-01-2011, 06:34 AM)Ness Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2011, 06:18 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Your pc is too slow...

The thing is, it should be able to play NSMB faster than that. Have you tried lowering the settings?

Idk how to do that. What is the best settings for best performence?

Also, how is my computer too slow? 3GB should be fast enough to play NSMB.
Try disabling copy EFB in grapchis config, use low resolution etc.

As for the controller, have you by any chance encountered this message?
[Image: 2j128vn.png]
(08-01-2011, 06:55 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling copy EFB in grapchis config, use low resolution etc.

As for the controller, have you by any chance encountered this message?
[Image: 2j128vn.png]

Can you guys give me step by step on the config part, because idk what all these settings are. And yes I have encountered that. Everytime I start the game that controller sideways thing pops out before the game.
Ok, so I played around with the settings and I fixed my controller settings. Then I followed this guide http://dolphin-emu.org/performance.html and now my NSMB is running a bit better. I get like 22 FPS and 22 VPS and 36% speed when I'm in a level. But when I'm like in menu I run 100% speed. Is there any way that I can boost my speed up. I really wanna play this game at 100% And should I use frame skipping? I set it to 3 and the game ran a little faster.
(08-01-2011, 09:47 AM)romeodakins Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I played around with the settings and I fixed my controller settings. Then I followed this guide http://dolphin-emu.org/performance.html and now my NSMB is running a bit better. I get like 22 FPS and 22 VPS and 36% speed when I'm in a level. But when I'm like in menu I run 100% speed. Is there any way that I can boost my speed up. I really wanna play this game at 100% And should I use frame skipping? I set it to 3 and the game ran a little faster.

You can't with your system
Pages: 1 2