Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PGP (per game profiles) [unofficial]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Find it annoying having to keep changing settings each time you want to play x game?

Currently supported emulators
-Dolphin
-Visualboy Advance
-DeSmuME
-snes9x
-zsnes
-Fusion

How to use:
First fireup this tool and configure your emulators under config->config emulator,
next go into the emulator you wish to make a profile for and apply the settings for x game and exit the emulator,
now go into PGP and click "add profile" now give this profile a name,
next select which emulator this profile is for and which game to load and hit "add".
Now when you want to use a profile just select it from the list and hit "load profile",
your settings will be applied and the emulator will be executed.

Covers:
place any image you want as a cover image into a folder called "covers" in pgp directory.
coverimage must have same name as game eg: game=mygame.iso, cover=mygame.iso.png

See attachment for download (windows)

[Image: pgpq.png]

Cant download attachment? then try this.
Thanks i was needingTongue
Could add it to select v-sync,fullscreen etc...
thanks for your great work!Big Grin
Moved to "General Discussion" and marked as unofficial, since it certainly isn't something which we "support".

And to be honest, I also don't see the point - we do have perfectly fine support for per game settings with the game inis for most stuff, this is just a quick hack which is more complicated to use than it should be.
Wow, very impressive @anon4453.Smile

Like @Bad Company said it don't load the V-Sync, but, it ok.Big Grin

Thanks for your hard work.
Ive added some stuff to the profiles:

-Enable dual core setting
-Enable idle skipping setting
-Enable cheats setting
-Frame limit setting
-Cpu emulator engine setting
-Enable Lock threads to cores setting
-Force NTSC-J setting
-Enable Progressive scan setting
-DSP settings
-Enable full screen setting (should now work)
-Enable vsync setting (should now work)

(08-01-2011, 07:22 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to "General Discussion" and marked as unofficial, since it certainly isn't something which we "support".

np.

(08-01-2011, 07:22 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]And to be honest, I also don't see the point - we do have perfectly fine support for per game settings with the game inis for most stuff.

Some people will find this useful, i know "configurations" was removed awhile ago and you might be reimplementing it? But for the people that want "per game config" can just use this in the mean time.

(08-01-2011, 07:43 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Like @Bad Company said it don't load the V-Sync, but, it ok.Big Grin

Should be fixed in the updated version, it seems to be working for me,
but please can you test it and let me know?
Fixed thanks @anon4453
Thanks anon4453 it should help a lotTongue
Good workBig Grin
(08-01-2011, 10:54 AM)anon4453 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2011, 07:22 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]And to be honest, I also don't see the point - we do have perfectly fine support for per game settings with the game inis for most stuff.

Some people will find this useful, i know "configurations" was removed awhile ago and you might be reimplementing it? But for the people that want "per game config" can just use this in the mean time.

Again, we do have support for them, there's just no GUI for it. It probably would've been easier if you copied our ini loading code and just wrote a frontend for it..
(08-01-2011, 04:47 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Again, we do have support for them, there's just no GUI for it.

Sorry i guess i worded it wrong i know the gui was removed.

(08-01-2011, 04:47 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]It probably would've been easier if you copied our ini loading code and just wrote a frontend for it..

Lol yeah your probably right, its 450lines long. But this was quicker for me as i have limited C++ experience and the simplest way of writing a frontend for it would also be done done in C++? and it would take me a while to get use to a gui library. Just out of curiosity how many lines do you estimate the ini loading code and a C++ frontend would be?
No idea about the ini loading code since, as I said, it's just a copy-paste of a few files from the Source/Common dir in Dolphin. The size of the frontend depends on the UI libary used, but the UI-independent source code boils down to less than 100 loc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4