Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fully customisable .ini per game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As everyone is aware, some games require a number of changes to the settings in order to get the best performance out of them. Whilst it is not a major issue it does become a little long winded each time you want to play a different game.

Would it be possible to impliment full control of ALL dolphin settings via the individual .ini files per game. This would allow for full customisation of all video / audio options per game on top of the few custom options that already exist.

In theory the existing .ini's would not have to be touched or updated in anyway as the code can be written so that the default options are used if an option is not listed in the ini.

Apologies if this has already been discussed.
this has already been done in an older version of Dolphin and was removed afterwards, can't remember why but it seemed like it wasn't needed
Thats a shame but I guess they had their reasons. Would be nice if we could get a few more options in there though like:

Ignore Format Changes
Disable Fog
All EFB options
(07-31-2011, 09:05 PM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]this has already been done in an older version of Dolphin and was removed afterwards, can't remember why but it seemed like it wasn't needed

It's not entirely removed, just the UI. Editing the per game ini files manually works fine.
i know, it's like the anaglyphic 3D settings still available, but they were removed from the UI for a reason (i think it was only a few needed serious changes in order to play like the twilight princess hacks etc but they didn't need a massive list of changes from the graphics config)
I think Neo removed them because the code was such a mess.
Anaglyph 3D was removed merely because after someone had revamped the gfx config UI code (hint: not me), no one felt like readding the option.
(07-31-2011, 08:42 PM)Toxicshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst it is not a major issue it does become a little long winded each time you want to play a different game.

customization of all video / audio options per game

sure its not what you had in mind but try this