Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pre-decode/process games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Has anyone ever thought about including a feature that basically goes through the entire game and pre-decodes it in a matter of hours? After that it dumps all of the files into another iso that is optimized to run on your computer. I just wonder why would someone watch a youtube video that buffers slower than its runtime as opposed to waiting for it to buffer once and being able to watch it smoothly afterward. I think including something like this could be a step in the right direction.
there would be no advantage of decrypting a game and then saving it as a regular iso.
(07-28-2011, 05:27 PM)DacoTaco Wrote: [ -> ]there would be no advantage of decrypting a game and then saving it as a regular iso.

Is there anything that could be done iyo thats similar to this? From what i understand, while running a game, dolphin is constantly "converting" textures into a format it can use. This also happens with sound. What i was asking is would it be a good feature to convert the textures and sound to take a huge load off the cpu in order to get faster framerates?
its not converting textures...
its rendering the frame
What i want to do is eliminate thesteps bedore the frame is finally rendered.
Not possible, read the source to understand why or wait until NaturalViolence does and explains it here Tongue
(07-29-2011, 01:14 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible, read the source to understand why or wait until NaturalViolence does and explains it here Tongue

I don't know programming at all so ill wait, what is the point of the "dump decoded textures" function then?
dolphin is using the wii texture format...
for using this textures for HIGHRes Packs or your videos
you need to extract them in a way you can use
What if we could run the JIT recompiler and have it dump the recompiled code for the entire game into the same file structure. It would theoretically eliminate cpu emulation from the list of things that brings your computer to its knees most of the time.
iam wasting my time...
Pages: 1 2 3 4