Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: fxaa support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
heard this thing is super fast, any chance that this will be supported in the emu?
Put this in the shader folder? Anyone have an idea how to enable those shaders?
Quote:Put this in the shader folder? Anyone have an idea how to enable those shaders?

*facepalm*

It's not as simple as dropping the source code into a folder. I'll leave it at that and not elaborate because I would be wasting everyone's time.
You only know FXAA from Duke Nukem Forever, don't you Big Grin

EDIT by neobrain: ... I REALLY don't want to see these kind of comments in anything but Delfino Plaza anymore. Just don't say anything if it doesn't contain any useful information, hmkay?

EDIT by me: OMFG HOW DID HE EDIT MY POST !11111111ELEVEN11111ELF!!!!
Well, what i wanted to say was, that FXAA is pretty old Tongue
That's why i said Duke Nukem Forever Big Grin
Sorry for thinking a post process shader would work by putting in the post process shader folder.Confused
If you have an NV card you can grab the latest beta's and enable it from there (GL AFAIK).
[Image: nn1gtrcb48h.gif]
I'm 99% sure that won't work. But feel free to provide proof if you manage to get it working.
he's forcing FXAA through nvidia control panel.
see that green box on top left corner Wink

putting custom shader on dolphin's shader folder also work, but you can't just use that fxaa source directly, you must write custom one (based on that source)
I stand corrected, it does work. Although it doesn't appear to do a very good job (4xMSAA looks much better) and you have to use the opengl backend. However that is to be expected with "bright" games. Games with dark color pallets and low contrast environments (a.k.a. the exact opposite of WW) tend to do much better with post-processing AA methods that involve edge detection like FXAA and MLAA, in many cases even exceeding the quality of MSAA and sometimes getting close to the quality of SSAA.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention lamedude (and OP).

Quote:putting custom shader on dolphin's shader folder also work, but you can't just use that fxaa source directly, you must write custom one (based on that source)

^This.
doesn't look so good on fast motion though.
still prefer 16xQCCSAA Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4