Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How good could dolphin games run on my computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hi!
I was wondering what fps i would get on the following games with this specs:

Video & Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M GPU with 1.5GB GDDR5 Video Memory
CPU Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.00GHz)
Thermal Compound Stock Standard Thermal Compound
Operating System Genuine MS Windows® 7 Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition ( 64-Bit Preloaded )
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 X 4GB
Primary Hard Disk Drive 500GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive

These are the games:
Mario galaxy ( 1 and 2 )
Soul Calibur legends
Mario Kart Wii
Wind Waker
And some others, but i guess that if it can run those it can run most others.

Thanks in advance!
(07-10-2011, 10:08 AM)gingex1000 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.00GHz)

Not well.
Most of the setup was nicely picked out. However, Dolphin relies more on the CPU, not the GPU.
Even with an i7 Processor, you would need roughly 3.6GHz to run Galaxy 2.

If you don't mind paying a lot of money, I can recommend this CPU, which happens to be on sale . . . (sorta)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

Of course you can always get a cheaper one. Just make sure you see "Intel Core i7-2600k Sandy Bridge"
the K in 2600 basically says that the CPU is unlocked and allows you to easily overclock.

For the Windows 7, most likely you should pick 64-bit because the 64-bit version works faster.

The GPU you've chosen is more than enough for just about anything gaming in this era.
(07-10-2011, 11:07 AM)Toshiaki Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the setup was nicely picked out. However, Dolphin relies more on the CPU, not the GPU.

If you don't mind paying a lot of money, I can recommend this CPU, which happens to be on sale . . . (sorta)

Of course you can always get a cheaper one. Just make sure you see "Intel Core i7-2600k Sandy Bridge"
the K in 2600 basically says that the CPU is unlocked and allows you to easily overclock.

For the Windows 7, most likely you should pick 64-bit because the 64-bit version works faster.

The GPU you've chosen is more than enough for just about anything gaming in this era.

The computer he is looking at is a laptop.
(07-10-2011, 11:07 AM)Toshiaki Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the setup was nicely picked out. However, Dolphin relies more on the CPU, not the GPU.

Dammit.. I havent bought that laptop yet (the one with the specs), Would anyone recommend me one that is less than 1500 dollars?

If you can't, How would the other games that are not mario galaxy run?
What about GC games?

Thanks!
(07-10-2011, 11:16 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The computer he is looking at is a laptop.

Ah oops . . .

gingex1000 Wrote:Dammit.. I havent bought that laptop yet (the one with the specs), Would anyone recommend me one that is less than 1500 dollars?

What about GC games?

Thanks!

You can barely run GC Games. Does the CPU have turbo boost at least?
It's not much but it could help a bit . . . but increases chance of overheating sadly.

(07-10-2011, 01:06 PM)Toshiaki Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 11:16 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The computer he is looking at is a laptop.

Ah oops . . .

gingex1000 Wrote:Dammit.. I havent bought that laptop yet (the one with the specs), Would anyone recommend me one that is less than 1500 dollars?

What about GC games?

Thanks!

You can barely run GC Games. Does the CPU have turbo boost at least?
It's not much but it could help a bit . . . but increases chance of overheating sadly.

*sigh* It doesn't. What can i do? Well, can i replace the CPU of the laptop (Im pretty much a noob)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6RhELGXY...re=related

Thanks!
I really hate Laptops/Notebooks let alone choosing between one model against the other.
It's really to bad that the model you proposed in the first post hadn't 3.0GHz or something it would have been easier.
But Laptops/Notes when it comes to CPU speed really sucks, however the other specs looked good on it.
The i7-2630QM is a Sandy Bridge CPU and turbo boosts up to 2.8 GHz with 2 cores active (which is all Dolphin needs). Or 2.9 GHz if you are running a single core.

You might run into overheating problems though.

Judging by this thread, you'll get around 45 FPS on one of the slower 3.0+ (urgh texcache rewrite) revisions.
Try my laptop. I got for $1350 with a lot of coupons and it runs galaxy 2 full speed with HLE.
Pages: 1 2