Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special English?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I've found the patch to play Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special in English

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/narut...1-58021157

But I coudn't apply it on Dolphin.
These are the instructions:

*Getting started*
This patch requires that you have the following:
- A retail copy of Naruto SP
- SD card
- Riivolution

Extract the contents of this file to the root directory
of your SD card. Load Riivolution, select your language
from the language patch option and start the game.

Any help please....
I am not sure if Riivolution is supported on the Dolphin, since you need the original disk to use . . .
However, these are the basic instructions

1) Insert Patch to SD Card
2) Run Riivolution from Homebrew Channel
3) Load Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special from Riivolution

(07-09-2011, 09:47 AM)Toshiaki Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if Riivolution is supported on the Dolphin, since you need the original disk to use . . .
However, these are the basic instructions

1) Insert Patch to SD Card
2) Run Riivolution from Homebrew Channel
3) Load Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special from Riivolution

What's "2) Run Riivolution from Homebrew Channel"
this should be moved to Off-Topic. this has nothing to do with support for Dolpin

and use google to figure out how to get the Homebrew Channel
(07-10-2011, 12:08 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]this should be moved to Off-Topic. this has nothing to do with support for Dolpin

and use google to figure out how to get the Homebrew Channel

"I am not sure if Riivolution is supported on the Dolphin"
Didn't you read that?
Do you know anything about that???
I've searched on google already the whole day & just found nothing

let me put it another way

- you run Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel (channels are not supported on Dolphin, so no)
- Homebrew Channel looks at the SD card inserted for installed Wiibrew (Dolphin can import saves, doesn't add other types of files or allow modification of the SD.raw file to add the needed Riivolution files, so no)
- Riivolution needs IOS37 (no idea if Dolphin has anything to do with IOS)

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution
(07-10-2011, 08:14 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]let me put it another way

- you run Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel (channels are not supported on Dolphin, so no)
- Homebrew Channel looks at the SD card inserted for installed Wiibrew (Dolphin can import saves, doesn't add other types of files or allow modification of the SD.raw file to add the needed Riivolution files, so no)
- Riivolution needs IOS37 (no idea if Dolphin has anything to do with IOS)

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution

OK, You had to tell me that it's impossible Smile
Any way, thanks
(07-10-2011, 08:14 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]- you run Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel (channels are not supported on Dolphin, so no)
You can just run the .elf via Dolphin directly.

(07-10-2011, 08:14 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]- Homebrew Channel looks at the SD card inserted for installed Wiibrew (Dolphin can import saves, doesn't add other types of files or allow modification of the SD.raw file to add the needed Riivolution files, so no)
Err, what?
If you mean that Dolphin doesn't allow games to write to the SD card, that's wrong. Dolphin sure is able to write to the SD.raw file.

(07-10-2011, 08:14 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]- Riivolution needs IOS37 (no idea if Dolphin has anything to do with IOS)
Doesn't matter, as long as Dolphin's IOS implementation is good enough (which I think it isn't) Riivolution should still be usuable.
Neo, what I meant about the SD.raw was that Dolphin doesn't modify it to the extent that it has the files needed for the Homebrew Channel (the .dol or .elf files etc). I didn't mean that it was impossible to write stuff to the SD.raw

but like you said, it is possible to run .elf and .dol files

It's possible to run some Homebrew on Dolphin like Gecko but Riivolution doesn't work
(07-10-2011, 11:07 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter, as long as Dolphin's IOS implementation is good enough (which I think it isn't) Riivolution should still be usuable.

Something i've been thinking about:

Why don't you just LLE the IOS Stuff ?
For example, since it's not illegal to download from NUS, you could make an option, which downloads all IOS (Or just the important ones)...

This would HIGHLY improve HBC Compatiblity...
Pages: 1 2