Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: software that overclocks cpu when other cores not being used?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does anyone know about software that overclocks the cpu if the other 2 cores arent being used. I read about somewhere in the forums but i forgot to bookmark it. If anyone knows about it, can u give the name of the software or link to download? btw im using intel processors not amd so please give the name of the software or link that is compatible with intel.
What would be the point?
You're thinking of turbo boost (a feature that all newer intel cpus have) and it's not software in the sense of what you think of as software. The mobile edition i3/i5/i7 cpus will be able to overclock much higher with turbo boost when less cores are active, desktop cpus as well as the new sandy bridge mobile cpus do not have this limitation as long as temperature can be controlled.
i3m doesnt have turboboost :o
Yeah I forgot about that. Only the high/medium end cpus have it.
but i5 got it Tongue
i was not referring to intels turbo boost. they released a software that overclocks the cores when the others are not being used. but thanks for the help though
if i disable a core, will it overclock the other cores?
iirc, there is an app to change your cpu to always in turbo boost state and/or increase turbo boost ratio (if supported by cpu). but that just about it.
it really just messing around with intel turbo boost.
please give me the link for it. my dells i7 only goes upto 2.6 Ghz on my laptop. i only want to push it up by around 0.1 Ghz or 200 mhz. for some reason when im playing PC games it overclocks itself to 2.9 Ghz so i know it can handle it. please show me the link to download if you can
ah, i remember now, it's throttlestop.

Code:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/531329-throttlestop-guide.html

last time i tried to use it on my core i5 laptop, it didn't work (at least not on mine)

better to leave it as it is, let OS/intel use its own waty to manage turbo boost
Pages: 1 2