Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0 Release Candidate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there,
I'd like to release 3.0 this week. Thus, we want to eliminate as many critical bugs (crashes etc) which might have been introduced recently as possible.

Thus, this thread's purpose is to report any of those issues. No, we won't fix some stupid game specific issue. Only report crashes, obvious and simple regressions or stuff which you think is otherwise release _critical_.

I didn't feel like putting out a separate "rc" build, just use the most recent one (r7612) from our homepage Wink

That's about all I wanted to say. If I don't get any useful feedback I'll assume it's save to release in the next few days (between Tuesday and Thursday).

UNNECESSARY POSTS WILL BE DELETEDSo just think a minute if your post actually is useful. Thanks Wink
A few little things:

1) I can map buttons and have those buttons recognized even when port two is set to "nothing". If port two is set to nothing (or considered that there is no controller there), you shouldn't be able to map any buttons.

2) http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...8&q=window
This is the only regression from my list that could be worthy of a look before release.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...3967&can=5
are you going to have a built in 360 controller profile? one with trigger pull sensitive stuff

inanu

I'm probably out of line here and this is probably gonna be a noob issue that has been addressed multiple times, but i would like to see the hyrule field glitch in Twilight Princess fixed (If it's even a gltich, as so many people claim it to be).
(06-21-2011, 12:28 PM)inanu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm probably out of line here and this is probably gonna be a noob issue that has been addressed multiple times, but i would like to see the hyrule field glitch in Twilight Princess fixed (If it's even a gltich, as so many people claim it to be).

The fix is enabling the Hyrule field speed hack. The issue with Hyrule Field isn't a bug as was once thought, just that area of the game requires a fairly powerful cpu to get decent speed.

This thread is to list regressions that have occurred since the last release or recently, the Hyrule Field issue has always been been an issue since the game started working.

@Neobrain, did you read my PM? Besides those issues there is also the issue of some games no longer working with dual core since around the time of the fifo rewrite as mentioned above.

(06-21-2011, 08:07 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]A few little things:

1) I can map buttons and have those buttons recognized even when port two is set to "nothing". If port two is set to nothing (or considered that there is no controller there), you shouldn't be able to map any buttons.

1) True. Gotta look if that's easy enough to fix. Basically all you want is the UI controls in the GC Pad dialog to be disabled if the corresponding controller isn't connected?
2) doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon since it has been there for a while now... I mean, I could add it as a blocker, but that would just unnecessarily delay release again.

(06-21-2011, 08:48 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the only regression from my list that could be worthy of a look before release.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...3967&can=5
I said release critical bugs, not regressions. We can't delay the release any further just because some random game broke, I was talking about stuff which totally should hardblock release.

(06-21-2011, 08:49 AM)velcro Wrote: [ -> ]are you going to have a built in 360 controller profile? one with trigger pull sensitive stuff
Not if it's not in the current rc... the actual release will basically be the current rc minus some bad translations

(06-21-2011, 12:28 PM)inanu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm probably out of line here and this is probably gonna be a noob issue that has been addressed multiple times, but i would like to see the hyrule field glitch in Twilight Princess fixed (If it's even a gltich, as so many people claim it to be).
Again, even if this had been a valid issue, it wouldn't be release critical any more.

(06-21-2011, 12:57 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is to list regressions that have occurred since the last release or recently, the Hyrule Field issue has always been been an issue since the game started working.
Again, not about regressions but really only outstanding critical issues.

(06-21-2011, 12:57 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]@Neobrain, did you read my PM? Besides those issues there is also the issue of some games no longer working with dual core since around the time of the fifo rewrite as mentioned above.
No one is working on the fifo anymore and marcos is totally out of time. Making FIFO stuff block release won't make it fixed either :/

Hope I cleared up what kind of issues I was referring to.

Thanks so far for the responses, keep them coming if there's anything else - looks like I won't be able to put out the actual release until Thursday.
I would point out all of the games that ran perfectly in 2.0 but now crash constantly due to fifo issues but I know you won't care because nobody cared the last 6 times I reported it (and marcos refuses to admit 7185 caused these when it clearly did).
(06-21-2011, 11:19 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]

1) True. Gotta look if that's easy enough to fix. Basically all you want is the UI controls in the GC Pad dialog to be disabled if the corresponding controller isn't connected?

Yeah.

2) doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon since it has been there for a while now... I mean, I could add it as a blocker, but that would just unnecessarily delay release again.

Having the GUI majorly screw up as it does could be considered block-worthy, but since no one seems to know how to fix this and since it may take too much time, I'd say just forget about that issue for now.

(06-22-2011, 07:54 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah.
I thought a bit more about this, and actually it would be more confusing to disable the settings if no controller is connected.. Anyway, best solution would be to remove the GC pad stuff from the general config and just add a "connected" checkbox to each tab of the pad config instead. Of course, this won't be done before 3.0 due to string freeze...
Anyway, I don't really like the idea of disabling the UI controls if no controller is connected. I don't feel like explaining why right now though Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3