Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange "Stuttering"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know how to describe this exactly, so I couldnt find much on search.
I've been having this since like r3000 and beyond, but I never saw anyone talking about it so I let it go...
But the other day I saw it happening on a video from the Post your Dolphin Videos thread, so here it goes:

I'm talking about the little sluttering that happens from 00:005 to 00:08 and later when Luigi open some doors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q76BSD65A...r_embedded

It doesnt really hurts, just wanted to know exactly what is it. It happens to me on many games, but I think it only happens on GC games (I dont use Dolphin much as a Wii emu so Im not sure).
The game where I notice it most is Mario Sunshine, when the gameplay starts...
Is it hardware related? My RAM maybe? (DDR2). Or is it an emulator problem?

Any clues?
That's my Video :O

I dunno what that is, but i'm going to buy a SSD and test Dolphin on it.
I've decided to ask this because a friend of mine is freaking out with a similar problem on PC games. His PC is much more powerful than mine (with a Phenom II x6 3.2) but he got that thing on several games before opening doors or entering new areas...
It's HDD Access Time. (Also having this at GTA IV for PC)

Anyways i'm going to buy a new SSD, hopefully the stutters will go away.

Actually, while recording this video, the game was on a external harddrive.
Maybe it's because of this...
Meh, I've found all kinds of theories on several foruns out there. It seemed to happen most with ATI users, but some NVidia had that too.... People would blame drivers, RAM, CPU structure..
THis friend of mine uses an fps counter, he said that whenever this happened it would drop 1 fps at the counter for one second. Dolphin's counter seems to be more sensible...

Anyways just would like to know what that was, thanks, Anti-Ultimate.. Wink
I installed the latest Graphics Driver and SATA Controller-Driver and it works now...
Whoa, where can I get that? I thought there were only the windows's natives? (I'm on 7 x64)
Does it depend on your SATA device brand or what? I'm not familiar with Hard Disk stuff Tongue lol for me they aways worked by themselfs, never had to mess with anything so I dont know much about them...
Also, are your HDs working on SATA mode? Mine are on IDE mode cause I didnt know about SATA mode when I came from XP to 7...
Install Intel Matrix
--------------------------------------------------
http://www.nvidia.de/object/nforce_vista...49_de.html
uh, does it work for amd chipset mobos?
Use the link i gave you...
Pages: 1 2