Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Petition:Emulation for PSP in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I want to know if there is the possibility of launching a version for PSP?
thanks.
you should ask to PCSX team Big Grin
dolphin wont be ported from this community to psp/ps3
thanks
(05-31-2011, 06:44 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin wont be ported from this community to psp/ps3
thanks

Sad
Seems like a pretty obsurd request to go to the forum of a Nintendo Gamecube emulator and ask for an emulator for a Sony Playstation Portable. Wouldn't it be more sensible (though still entirely not sensible, but at least they're both MIPS-based) to make a request like this on the PCSX2 forum? I mean, do you think that because they've made a Gamecube emulator that it puts them anywhere near developing an emulator for an entirely unrelated platform? Nothing about the two architectures is similar at all.

That said, the closest thing that I know to a PSP emulator is this and the only person that I can see that commits to both that and Dolphin is gigaherz. Maybe they'll run across this topic and give you more info.

EDIT: Oh, and if I'm misunderstanding and you're talking about running Dolphin on the PSP, then you run into essentially the same problem. Unrelated architectures... emulators like this work extremely low level and to port it to work on a different instruction set is more-or-less like building it from scratch. That said, I don't think the PSP is anywhere near powerful enough to emulate the Gamecube. Maybe you'll have more luck when the NGP is released.
(05-31-2011, 06:50 AM)IAmBill Wrote: [ -> ]That said, the closest thing that I know to a PSP emulator is this and the only person that I can see that commits to both that and Dolphin is gigaherz. Maybe they'll run across this topic and give you more info.
http://www.jpcsp.org/
its running pretty well Wink
the got the same problems like we in the forum...
guys wo are asking for more speed...
and running a 4year old rig
(05-31-2011, 06:50 AM)IAmBill Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a pretty obsurd request to go to the forum of a Nintendo Gamecube emulator and ask for an emulator for a Sony Playstation Portable. Wouldn't it be more sensible (though still entirely not sensible, but at least they're both MIPS-based) to make a request like this on the PCSX2 forum? I mean, do you think that because they've made a Gamecube emulator that it puts them anywhere near developing an emulator for an entirely unrelated platform? Nothing about the two architectures is similar at all.

That said, the closest thing that I know to a PSP emulator is this and the only person that I can see that commits to both that and Dolphin is gigaherz. Maybe they'll run across this topic and give you more info.

EDIT: Oh, and if I'm misunderstanding and you're talking about running Dolphin on the PSP, then you run into essentially the same problem. Unrelated architectures... emulators like this work extremely low level and to port it to work on a different instruction set is more-or-less like building it from scratch. That said, I don't think the PSP is anywhere near powerful enough to emulate the Gamecube. Maybe you'll have more luck when the NGP is released.
I do not think that is absurd. At this forum it talks about a possible ps3 emulation, so I thought about the psp.
(05-31-2011, 06:59 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2011, 06:50 AM)IAmBill Wrote: [ -> ]That said, the closest thing that I know to a PSP emulator is this and the only person that I can see that commits to both that and Dolphin is gigaherz. Maybe they'll run across this topic and give you more info.
http://www.jpcsp.org/
its running pretty well Wink
the got the same problems like we in the forum...
guys wo are asking for more speed...
and running a 4year old rig

DS is emulated so why PSP shouldn't be yeah...
(05-31-2011, 07:02 AM)jos18g Wrote: [ -> ]I do not think that is absurd. At this forum it talks about a possible ps3 emulation, so I thought about the psp.
Throwing ideas around about emulation of another platform and petitioning that developers start developing for another platform, as if to suggest that you or any member of this forum should have any say on how others spend their free time, is entirely different. One is an intellectually stimulating discussion and the other is an insulting expectation of service.

It's perfectly reasonable to talk about PSP emulation and to expect that someone might go about developing it after so many years (and in here you can find two examples that have existed for quite a while)... but you didn't come asking if a PSP emulator existed, you simple came here and suggested that if the people here voiced enough support then the developers of this emulator should drop everything and focus on something else.
ok, I apologize to the developers, it wasn't my intention to minimize your work.
Pages: 1 2