Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Pandora's Tower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It's 100% shader loading/compliling issue this game suffers really bad from it.
Nothing you can do about it,but good thing is it should only happen once when you enter new area for first time.
Since this game has a lot of going back to same areas ( towers ) you shouldn't experience stuttering that often.
surprised my laptop runs it, but its playable.

windows 7 home premium
intel i5 430
8 gigs shared ram
Intel HD graphics
Using logitech gamepad f310

using dolphin 3.0-774 dirty

I have issue with the cutscenes where the audio skips ahead to the end of the scene, the rest of the scene plays in silence.

I haven't messed with settings, just trying to find a combination that gets a consistent frame rate. I'm not asking for miracles, especially on my laptop, just a stable game play experience.

I' already started the game with this version, so going back to the official release...well...

Any input on getting a stable frame rate (getting 15-25, unless I try to zoom in on something, forget it!)or fixing the audio skipping issue is appreciated.
Well, you should try the official Dolphin 3.0 release and the settings for best speed (click on the link in my signature).

LLE should solve audio issues, but I guess your CPU can't handle it.
mr. bungle just copy user/wii/title folder that's where saves are
BTW this game runs better on latest nvidia drivers/dolphin ( cant be bothered to test exactly what speed it up ) I used to get 28 fps now I get 45 fps...
But his CPU is too weak for this game. This game needs a heavy CPU (preferably overclocked) to be fully playable
Btw he can forget LLE. HLE is enough
Yeah I agree didnt notice any problems with HLE,only issue I got is stuttering...
didn't think my CPU would be the bottleneck. I thought it would be the lack of a dedicated GPU.

Tried it with 3.0 with speed settings suggested by DefenderX. I get a wider range for the framerate, from 5-32 fps, so it managed to squeeze a few extra FPS. There were some issues with the in-game text though, with some letters missing. How come 3.0 is faster than the subsequent updates?

I still get the issue with the audio skipping ahead of the video during cut scenes (more likely its the video can't keep up with the audio.)

Now the early portion of the game is playable, not ideal, but playable. I take it later portions of the game, will have areas that will take it down to a slide show?

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it.
3.0 is faster as it's less accurate than the experimental -dirty revisions Wink But 3.0 is more accurate than older builds like r6505 etc.
(11-04-2012, 07:23 PM)Mr.Bungle Wrote: [ -> ]There were some issues with the in-game text though, with some letters missing

Use EFB to RAM. Your speed will decrease though

(11-04-2012, 07:23 PM)Mr.Bungle Wrote: [ -> ]How come 3.0 is faster than the subsequent updates?

More accuracy. More improvements. Less speed Big Grin

(11-04-2012, 07:23 PM)Mr.Bungle Wrote: [ -> ]I still get the issue with the audio skipping ahead of the video during cut scenes (more likely its the video can't keep up with the audio.)

Because your CPU isn't powerful enough to synchronize audio and video
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9