Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin ps3 version ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Takavach

Hi to all.
i want to know when dolphin for ps3 will be release ?
all of us is waiting for that awesome program Blush

thanks in advance ^_^
Be patient!
Coming soon~

otherguy

Maybe 500+Version later?
Right after they get done porting over that ps2 emulator to your dreamcast Tongue
ps3 is possible.... at first you need a HDD in your PS3...

find someone who can hack your ps3 free, so that you can freely use the hardware of your console.

install windows, have luck with drivers for windows (shouldn't be a problem i think). i heard someware that there is a better compatibility with 32bit versions of windows, they have better drivers and you can find them easier.
go for dolphin. then there is no need for porting !

if this worked! go get a camera, and show us the performance with dolphin!
then we can compare performande(only in dolphin)...

completely porting dolphin to an other architecture would mean to start at 0%. so try to find a way around it.

the cpu has 1 main core but 7 SPE's, 3,2 ghz cpu clock is good. but you will only have 1 core in dolphin. thats one reasing not to port it on ps3...
graphics card is low too. so no AA in games :/. an core2 or athlon II owns the ps3 cpu in any ways.

nowadays there is no reason for porting it to ps3, even the computer version is not half finished. you wont get much benefit of it....
im sorry sir, are you DERP?
(05-08-2011, 07:46 PM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]im sorry sir, are you DERP?

yes SIR!
Maybe for PS4... or PS5... relax guys, you will be able to play Wii games on your TV eventually.
lol.
You don't really have a clue sNk, do you? Tongue
(05-08-2011, 02:30 PM)Takavach Wrote: [ -> ]Hi to all.
i want to know when dolphin for ps3 will be release ?
all of us is waiting for that awesome program Blush

thanks in advance ^_^

Chances are, any PS3 dolphin port wont be as a main branch of Dolphin. Reason being, the PS3 has a completely different CPU architecture to x86 found in desktop PCs, and a mere 256mb of ram. I don't want to say its completely impossible, but its not likely that it will get a port. If it does, it'll probably be lagtastic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5