Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: IR SENSOR CRAZY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi, i'm using a real wiimote to play on Dolphin with a commom sensor bar(leadership).
So far so good, problem is when i aim the controller to the sensor bar... the pointer on the game goes totally CRAZY, i've tried to adjust the sensivity via menu and nothing happened.
The aim only works right when i put the controler 1,5 foot from the sensor bar aiming straight in to the leds on the left side of the sensor bar, if i move the controller a little bit up, down left or right it justs screws everything up.
The controller is brand new and i´ve tried using candles to see if the sensor bar was misfunctioning, and nothing changed. This problem is getting me nuts. Anyone knows a way to adjust the IR sensor? A fine tune mode instead of the dolphin regulation? Thank you very much.
This MIGHT be because of the batteries ya know, back when i played Zelda Tp Wii version, i noticed that whenever i was aiming at the screen (in particular when using the bow) the pointer would act quite strange, sometimes making it very difficult to aim on specific targets. I eventually found out this happened whenever the batteries in my Wiimote was low on batterypower.

If this does not solve your problem, you might wanna specify "Crazy"

Anyway, hope this helps
Thanks for your answer. I tought it was that too, so i sweep batteries, put brand new ones and that didn't change nothing, so let me specify crazy: Basically if your more than 40cm the aiming is near impossible, the pointer literally goes rogue, goes around the screen and the control shakes and makes a sound when the aim turn active and off(all the time), and if i point a few inches above or dow the sensor bar(any position that the ir sensor and the sensor bar are not in a perfect line) it simple goes out of my control. And the most strange is that it only work close and when it's aimed to the left led's of the sensor bar, it just feels like when your're playing a game that doesn't match your resolution and you cant reach all the screen with the mouse, know what i mean?
I believe that the distance adjustment and ir sensivity(left, right, up, down) are the problem, but i didn't found myself a program that would adjust in fine tune precision the sensivity in Dolphin.
sounds like its your censer bar is the issue. i would try connecting the Wii mote then using your Wii to power its censer bar. if it still goes crazy then it is something to do with your dolphin settings.
Thanks for your reply. It can't be my sensor bar, cause i mentioned that i've used candles to see if there were any changes(i don't have a wii) and the error still the same, and let me just say something that i dind't have said, the problem is with every program that uses the ir sensor(Wiinremote for example). In the program it appears those three dots on the little screen moving, but when i enable the cursor option it just keeps swinging on the screen, besides the fact that the three dots doesn´t move up or down(stays on the top off the little screen and just moves to the sides).
Have you tried it on a real Wii? Your Wiimote might be deffective.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, i thought off that since my wiimote, altough is new he is aham aham(you know). But the motion sensor and the buttons systems works flawlessly, i've played mario galaxy with no problem, but what intrigues me and place doubt about if he is defective is that it works perfect when i'm very close to that spot of the sensor bar, and since the sensor bar is not defective i think it is probably the ir settings.

PS: I don´t have a wii Sad
I think that most settings in the wimote config are just ignored when a real wiimote is being used. I don't know for sure if this applies to ir settings.

PD: Are you sure that you don't have a third light source that might be interfering? Some monitors have front leds that might act as ir light, or maybe a background reflection?
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately it didn't worked out, i've put the sensor bar away from the monitor in a place with no leds etc and it didn't change anything.
pick a digital cam(handy,webcam,etc...) and make a pic of the sensor bar... are both leds lighting?

(ir light can be seen via digital sensors)

if only one shows up the other is broken...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5