Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I want to destroy the lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The title speaks for itself, some of the games lag when I play them. I've been told that it's because of my laptop that the games won't work at perfect speed, and while I value this news I'd like to hear from others if there isn't anything I can do or download, such as a better graphics card etc, for my laptop that would completely destroy the lag on the games.

GPU-Z: Intel® HD Graphic
CPU-Z: Intel Core i5 460M
Core Speed: 1300-2000 MHz
(If there is any other info you need please tell me)

Games-

Luigi's Mansion: This game worked like a charm when I first got it, but I knew as soon as I turned my laptop off and back on the game would do poorly. I was right, as soon as I booted my laptop back up the game lagged. How is this possible?

Mario Party 6: The game still works fine even after shuting down the laptop, with some lag here and there but nothing to be too concerned over.

Super Smash Bros Melee: This game is a topsy turvey for me, sometimes it works fine then others it lags. The main thing is when I play with only 2 people, it works fine, but if I try with 3 or 4 people, the lag is unbearable.

Mario Kart Double Dash: The game works perfectly fine up until the point where I'm about to race, as soon as it introduces the first track it lags very badly.

If there is anything I can do to fix this, again such as downloading a better graphics card, please tell me, and if not then I'll have to accept my fate and enjoy what I have.

(04-28-2011, 08:56 AM)Limbo Wrote: [ -> ]If there is anything I can do to fix this, again such as downloading a better graphics card, please tell me, and if not then I'll have to accept my fate and enjoy what I have.

lol
sorry but you are stuck with you fateTongue
I lolled. Wink
(04-28-2011, 10:01 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]I lolled. Wink

wouldn't it be "I lol'ed"?
Well at least I made people laugh Tongue
Thank you for clearing this up for me!
(04-28-2011, 10:22 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2011, 10:01 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]I lolled. Wink

wouldn't it be "I lol'ed"?

Technically, it should be "I l'ed, ol", because lol'ed means I laugh out loud'ed. Doesn't seem right to me...

As for the Op - I think the bottleneck here is the Graphics Processor - the Intel HD Graphic isn't going to get you too far. Also, Dolphin likes to have at least 2500 mhz, so yeah - it's near impossible to mod a laptop so your best bet would be to find a revision of dolphin that may be a bit faster for your system.
I figured it would come to that, know how I could get ahold of a type of Dolphin like that?
or is there really no other graphics processor I can get ahold of?
Even if you would upgrade your GPU, you'd still be stuck with a CPU which is much too weak for running games with Dolphin at fullspeed.
So I see, well this sucks, but at least I can play Mario Party 6 normally, and Super Smash Bros, those 2 were my favorites! Big Grin
Quote:downloading a better graphics card

Who knows, we might only be a few years from hardware piracy ?

*crossing fingers and praying*
Pages: 1 2 3