Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS on a decent machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I´m running Dolphin at a 8-core mac pro, late 2008 (Win 7 64 bit BootCamp, Google it if u dont kno)

Exact specs are
2 4 core Intel Xeon proccessors, 2.8 GHz
4 Gb of ram
GeForce 8800gt (That might be the prob...)

I am running Spyro: A new Beggining at 11-21 fps, avarage about 17. It gets pretty annyoing sometimes, especially in cutscenes.
I have Gamebooster, latest drivers and ive done the text-doc-batch file thing that shuts off explorer, still, same fps.

Is this normal ? Is my computer to weak to handle this game at the emulator ?
Thanks

(04-28-2011, 06:56 AM)TheDjLolz Wrote: [ -> ]I´m running Dolphin at a 8-core mac pro, late 2008 (Win 7 64 bit BootCamp, Google it if u dont kno)

Exact specs are
2 4 core Intel Xeon proccessors, 2.8 GHz
4 Gb of ram
GeForce 8800gt (That might be the prob...)

I am running Spyro: A new Beggining at 11-21 fps, avarage about 17. It gets pretty annyoing sometimes, especially in cutscenes.
I have Gamebooster, latest drivers and ive done the text-doc-batch file thing that shuts off explorer, still, same fps.

Is this normal ? Is my computer to weak to handle this game at the emulator ?
Thanks

Are you running Dolphin on OSX or Windows?
it's x64 win7. i'm guessing more like it's ur settings.
(04-28-2011, 07:44 AM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]it's x64 win7. i'm guessing more like it's ur settings.

that is what I thought just wanted to double check
@TheDjLolz so what are you settings?
What settings to you think are wrong ?

Reulotion is natvie (1900x1080), windowed 640x480, FS is the same.

At adv settings i only have auto scale checked.

at Enchantments, everything is off, exept for AF, which is 1x

At the second tab, everything is unchecked exept for overlay FPS and copy EFB to system RAM (real).

Anything wrong there ?
Nothing wrong , just 2.8Ghz is a little weak ,quad core and dual core perform the same speed in dolphin unless you use LLE plugin (10% speed boost on quad core) --> CPU bottleneck
Overclock it to 3.6ghz then most game will run at decent speed . Your Nvidia 8800GT is fine
Nvidia 8800GT can handle : AA : 4x , AF :16x , Display : 1366x768 (760p),EFB scale : integral
Or AA: none , AF : 16x , Display : 1920x1080 (1080p) , EFB scale : integral
Okay, thanks for the help. Is there a chance overclocking migh hurt my processors ?
As long as CPU temp under 70C - 158F ,it's ok
But you can't overclock a Mac unless you replace a new motherboard .
You can try this software 2.8->3.2ghz
Edit:
Also try "clockgen" on win 7 x64
Performance Guide
Okay, thanks for ya halp!
Edit***
Do you know if overclocking at my Mac partition will affect my Win 7 partition ?
(04-28-2011, 07:31 PM)TheDjLolz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks for ya halp!
Edit***
Do you know if overclocking at my Mac partition will affect my Win 7 partition ?

Overclocking effects your CPU (which will be harder to do since you have 2) so yes
(04-28-2011, 04:54 PM)TheDjLolz Wrote: [ -> ]What settings to you think are wrong ?

Reulotion is natvie (1900x1080), windowed 640x480, FS is the same.

At adv settings i only have auto scale checked.

at Enchantments, everything is off, exept for AF, which is 1x

At the second tab, everything is unchecked exept for overlay FPS and copy EFB to system RAM (real).

Anything wrong there ?

Try "enable cache"
Pages: 1 2