Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS on a decent machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can i overclock only one ? Would that help ?

*EDIT*

That software looks nice, however this article :http://blogs.computerworld.com/overclock_your_macpro_from_2_8ghz_to_3_24ghz_with_easy_tool says that all "you need to do to get back to your old speed is reboot"
So is it non permanent and wont affect my windows partition ? Could somebody explain this a bit better to me, is overclocking modifiying hardware or having software to make the hardware run better/faster ?
(04-28-2011, 10:51 PM)TheDjLolz Wrote: [ -> ]Can i overclock only one ? Would that help ?

*EDIT*

That software looks nice, however this article : http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...577&page=2 says that all "you need to do to get back to your old speed is reboot"
So is it non permanent and wont affect my windows partition ? Could somebody explain this a bit better to me, is overclocking modifiying hardware or having software to make the hardware run better/faster ?

wrong

you have to oc both of them it is just harder to get a stable oc with 2 it will affect both your OSX and windows you can watch this video but insded of changing the multiplier change the front side bus or the base clock (probably the base clock) by like 15 or more.

Gonna make an attempt to overclock, wish me luck !
If its a Mac i doubt you'll get access to a hardware overclock (like Bios in a PC), so not even your grandma can do it. As Admin89 suggested you can try a Software overclock, which is not as effective and more often is quite useless, but hey, you can give it a try.
I did the software overclock that you sent me, and i rebooted my computer (In mac mode). The computer still says that it has 2 2.8 processors, and so does the PC partition.
Is this normal ?
Also, do you think i could overclock from the windows partion ?
Pages: 1 2